PDA

View Full Version : Little Wins

elysemarie123
14-09-17, 17:15
So I want to share this with you all in hopes you may laugh and/or relate. Since I have health anxiety, I would definitely say I have turned into quite the germaphobe. I work in a hospital and I am adiment about not touching railings and probably am the sole reason for the quick refilling of hand sanitizer. This has also spilled into my food. I am crazy about sanitizing my kitchen and hardly EVER eat leftovers because I don't like food when it sits.

Well today, I ate THREE DAY OLD curry for lunch and I am here to tell the tale. This is a small, somewhat ridiculous win for me and I want you all to remember to celebrate your wins no matter how insignificant they are. I may have a panic attack later over a patient touching me, but at least I can be proud of myself for a little while. :D

Maybe use this as inspiration to get out of your comfort zone today? Even if it's something as small as eating leftovers.

Fishmanpa
14-09-17, 17:22
Winning the war starts with one battle at a time! Congrats! (bet it was still pretty darn good too!)

Positive thoughts

pulisa
14-09-17, 18:04
Good for you and well done! Certainly not a "little" win and successes should always be acknowledged and celebrated!

Lilliput
14-09-17, 19:35
Good for you elysemarie :yesyes:
I'm sure most people here will appreciate your 'win'. People who don't have your condition can't possibly understand what a big deal that was for you.

KK77
14-09-17, 19:37
I ate a one week old curry once and was sick as a dog :emot-puke:

Well done for leaving your comfort zone ;)

nwoods92
15-09-17, 00:16
Well done chick!! I ate something and didn't panic today too. Little steps x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

au Lait
15-09-17, 02:21
Yay! :) Congrats!

MyNameIsTerry
15-09-17, 02:42
Good for you elysemarie :yesyes:
I'm sure most people here will appreciate your 'win'. People who don't have your condition can't possibly understand what a big deal that was for you.

Absolutely this ^^^ :yesyes::yahoo: And if you can celebrate it rather than let your anxiety try to tell you it was a pointless win because everything else is so hard, even better! Small goals get you to the bigger prize!

Lilliput - is the absolute bundle of cuteness in your avi your dog? :woof

Lilliput
15-09-17, 09:01
[QUOTE=
Lilliput - is the absolute bundle of cuteness in your avi your dog? :woof[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's my Lily, affectionately known as Lilliput. She died last July aged nearly 18. I still have dogs, though.

Looks as if I haven't quite got the hang of quoting yet :)

MyNameIsTerry
15-09-17, 20:55
Yes, that's my Lily, affectionately known as Lilliput. She died last July aged nearly 18. I still have dogs, though.

Looks as if I haven't quite got the hang of quoting yet :)

Sorry to hear you lost her. She got to a great age though for dog.

How could anyone say no to a face like that!!!

elysemarie123
18-09-17, 14:28
Thanks everyone! :D