PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I'm not alone with these constant panic attacks.

ABE1981
14-09-17, 20:43
Basically this last couple of weeks I have had a big relapse, I'm struggling to get myself strong enough to help myself again with all this, I seem to have periods of severe anxiety that lasts for hours and I have one panic attack after another after another, which is really distressing me that I can't stop them from happening, I'm getting all the bad anxiety symptoms too and feel very low and down at the minute. I guess what I'm asking and hoping is that there are others who understand what I'm going through with the repeating panic attacks, I'm finding it hard to eat, can't get into the tv or books etc is like all I can concentrate on is how I feel nothing else matters I can live literally dozens of panic attacks a day is this how anyone else is

Brian123
14-09-17, 22:23
you are not alone Abe, we are all here for the same reason, like you I was getting the exact same things you are having, I couldnt concentrate on anything at all except my anxiety, you have to start forcing yourself to do things, go a walk etc, excercise does help and I was using guided meditation from YouTube which gets your mind of it for a bit, get some headphones on, lie on your bed and just listen to the meditation, stick at it, we have and are all in the same place you are just now, you are not alone.

snowghost57
14-09-17, 23:17
I had an event in my life and fell a part. I did nothing but cry and focus on my anxiety. I tried meds and I felt like an alien was in my brain. I lost 4 pounds. I'm not a big girl to begin with. So my therapist told me about total focus on what I'm doing. I was so bad, that I would tell myself out loud stop the panic. I literally had to talk to myself, I am washing the dishes, I am taking a shower. Panic sucks. People that don't have it don't get it. Get out of your head and get into life. I hope that makes sense. Get outside, look at birds, feed ducks, just do something. You can get better, I did.

eeyorelover
15-09-17, 01:09
Been there!
Letting your mind wander can make the panic/anxiety worse when going through wave after wave like you discussed in your post.
Talking through activities like the member above said is a great idea. Also things like crossword puzzles, the games on here, paint by number, etc. Anything that keeps your mind busy.
You don't have to do it all the time. When you feel the anxiety start to heighten, then you can start something to keep your mind busy. The less you think about it, the less frequent the panic attacks will be.
xxx

Juggar
15-09-17, 09:55
I started to feel like you ABE, with the constant panic. It really shook me up recently. Everyone else here is right, you need to distract yourself and keep your mind busy. I know it's so very hard to do that when the anxiety issues ever present but it can be done.

It's true, going outside, hiking or just being in nature can really go a long way. Just getting out there and doing something, literally anything.

When I am not immediately occupied with doing something I grab for my phone to distract me. I know that if my mind is idle, it will produce anxious thoughts. I don't need to be looking at my phone all the time but, it can help distract.

I know it can really, really suck at times but rest assured you are not alone in this.

Lilliput
15-09-17, 12:41
ABE1981 Been there over the past few weeks, I hope you start to feel better soon.
Don't forget that this heightened state of anxiety and constant struggle is exhausting so make sure you rest up sometimes during the day. I don't mean do nothing all day but recognise when you are just plain weary and have a rest or a nap. If your mind won't stop whizzing about, try a guided mediation if that helps. I used fragrant heart.com.

ABE1981
15-09-17, 16:01
Hi everyone, firstly thank you so much to everyone who has so thoughtfully took the time to let me know they know exactly what I'm going through at the moment, it so greatly appreciated, think with waking like 3am with a anxiety level of 10 and then panicking through till morning, just lying there battling it trying desperately go back sleep for a little break from it all, me brain just feels so tense and stressed that all my rational thought processes are nil, so I'm struggling to do a lot I have forced me self to stay busy as I can today and have achieved lots of little jobs, is always hard to accept it all again when I was doing so much better for last 6 months and then like something just snapped inside me and I'm dealing with the severest levels again and just the depression making me not want to much which is fuelling the anxiety and panic, think if I could lift my mood enough for a few days I might be able to begin getting on top of the panics and anx, but I'm just trying take one day at a time, I do tend repeat problems on this site, but helps so much just to have a small release by getting everything off me chest. Thanks again everyone and hope things pick up for you all soon too. Take care :)

Lilliput
15-09-17, 16:20
ABE, when I went through a period of not feeling like eatiing I just made sure I had a few small 'good value' items each day. Like an egg, because it gives you all the protein you need for a day, a piece of fruit - for some vitamins, something for slow release energy like porridge.
At the moment I'm taking a multivitamin supplement just to make sure I'm not missing out on anything.

Brian123
15-09-17, 16:31
yep, you have to eat, food tastes like cardboard, but its best to just force yourself, even if its small portions

MadWomanintheAttik
18-09-17, 18:16
Hi there. I know what you are going through and you are not alone. I have relapses too, all of the time. I can go a whole week with no panic attacks and then a period of a whole month where i just dont feel like i have the energy to battle them anymore. I had one just about 20 minutes ago and feel really depressed that i cant control this aspect of my life. I hate it.

ABE1981
18-09-17, 21:58
I know it horrible to live with, I'm having severe anxiety with panic attacks it's as if my feelings hit rock bottom I go so low and scared is like my depression exaggerates ten fold during the extreme anxiety bouts, and Ive been having these attacks daily for few weeks now, once I finally manage to calm myself down a bit my mood lifts slightly and head gets just that bit clear enough for me to begin reassuring myself a bit, but it still is destroying me each time it comes around I just feel so emotional during it too which, is so hard for me as the man I am, I know I shouldn't be ashamed to feel the way I do but I do, I find it extremely humiliating to show how I feel to my misses and I feel even worse in front of my 3 children, for me the biggest worrys are that I will lose it completely or become so depressed with how I feel and barely coping that I'll end up being put in hospital, which is fuelling my anxiety and depression. Hope things ease of a little for all of us soon.

Bigboyuk
19-09-17, 10:25
Hi Chris I can relate to the depression bit totally and it really does consume you and it#s tiring too. What's bought this recent bout of anxiety on, you have any idea's? May I suggest you (if you haven't already) contact your GP for help and may be try some meds/therapy Yes it's a male ego thing oh I feel bad but cant say how I really feel totally understand, but you need to talk to your GP about your current feelings! Hey it will get better :) Cheers

ABE1981
19-09-17, 21:23
Hi, big boy, I'm not really too sure I think it's all self inflicted, I had been getting more and more low over the last few months and feeling less and less like doing things, everything was getting harder to do and keep up with. And the anxiety came back in a big way all at once kind of just felt like I snapped then my thoughts have been too much for me destroying myself that I can't cope etc and that I'm just going keep on downward spiral now till I snap, me life feels like it's been flipped upside down and everything is a struggle now, I have been on mirtazapine for about 10 years now, most of that time on 30 mg had it upped to 45 mg for about six months then I dropped back down, but I have been on 15mg for about 18 months now hoping I could get by, I will have try speak to doc, I'm so shy though I have social anxieties bad too, I always feel I never express how I'm feeling properly I like never know how to explain how I feel and even when I'm really distressed and suffering I still try put on a brave face to the doctor!!. I put off and put off going till I feel distraught, think everything feels worse with not getting much sleep just way too much adrenaline floating about, the mirtazapine used to help me sleep and give me a little rest, don't know whether just see what doc says and maybe try increasing the dose again. thanks mate all the best

Bigboyuk
19-09-17, 22:48
Hi, big boy, I'm not really too sure I think it's all self inflicted, I had been getting more and more low over the last few months and feeling less and less like doing things, everything was getting harder to do and keep up with. And the anxiety came back in a big way all at once kind of just felt like I snapped then my thoughts have been too much for me destroying myself that I can't cope etc and that I'm just going keep on downward spiral now till I snap, me life feels like it's been flipped upside down and everything is a struggle now, I have been on mirtazapine for about 10 years now, most of that time on 30 mg had it upped to 45 mg for about six months then I dropped back down, but I have been on 15mg for about 18 months now hoping I could get by, I will have try speak to doc, I'm so shy though I have social anxieties bad too, I always feel I never express how I'm feeling properly I like never know how to explain how I feel and even when I'm really distressed and suffering I still try put on a brave face to the doctor!!. I put off and put off going till I feel distraught, think everything feels worse with not getting much sleep just way too much adrenaline floating about, the mirtazapine used to help me sleep and give me a little rest, don't know whether just see what doc says and maybe try increasing the dose again. thanks mate all the bestHi Chris its Np:) yeah been at that stage too many times and you just end up doing nothing. What you could do is not wait till you snap but if you have understanding GP then makes some notes and if you are shy just say a bit and give him the note :) I have never been really good at expressing my self too, although it's getting better Maybe look at different meds combined with some therapy and a herbal sleeping remedy! Is it ok if I pm you mate? Take care

ABE1981
19-09-17, 23:00
Hi, yeh think ill try pick up the courage make an appointment, Your very welcome to PM me of course, I could do with a new friend or two lol take care Abe :)

Bigboyuk
20-09-17, 00:15
Hi, yeh think ill try pick up the courage make an appointment, Your very welcome to PM me of course, I could do with a new friend or two lol take care Abe :) That's cool they are there to help you yeah same here mate Take care Cheers

mumsy2twokiddies
22-09-17, 11:27
Hi your definately not alone im having constant panic attacks everyday too and seems like there is no break, my gp prescribed me 2mg of diazpam to take as needed but im scared to take them to get addicted to them as the panic attacks are constant. Im just exhausted and already had 2 panic attacks so far today.