PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy?

Roadtofitness
14-09-17, 22:24
I'm a 31 year old woman. Fell and injured my foot and developed a dvt (clot) in my right calf muscle. Hematologist put me on Eliquis (blood thinner) im on day 5 and in full on panic mode. I've googled so many side effects of this medication and I'm afraid of the risk of hemorrhage and stroke or internal bleeding. Of course all I had to read was there there is no known medication to stop internal bleeding (reverse it) if I had internal bleeding so I'm hysterical. I've had continuous headaches which my fiancé pointed out I've had pre medication I'm just paying more attention to it now. I had some weird muscle twitching in the right side temple last night that felt like heart beating googled and came across symptoms of impending stroke....and today I could've sworn I saw some discoloration possible bruise on forehead. Please help.

Catherine S
14-09-17, 22:35
Why do you keep googling symptoms? If you want to know what side effects to expect, either call the doctor who prescribed the medication or ask your local pharmacist. Either one will be able to advise you.

Cath S ☺

Roadtofitness
14-09-17, 22:40
Why do you keep googling symptoms? If you want to know what side effects to expect, either call the doctor who prescribed the medication or ask your local pharmacist. Either one will be able to advise you.

Cath S ☺

My hematologist gave me samples since the out of pocket expense through insurance and pharmacy is too much. All she said to watch out for was cuts and not to hit my head and no contact sports. I'm my own worst enemy googling and I know in my heart some people can understand why I google a part of me looks for something to counteract what I think is happening so I can let go of fear and stop worrying. I'm tired of crying all the time and being in constant fear.

KK77
14-09-17, 23:16
I'm a 31 year old woman. Fell and injured my foot and developed a dvt (clot) in my right calf muscle. Hematologist put me on Eliquis (blood thinner) im on day 5 and in full on panic mode. I've googled so many side effects of this medication and I'm afraid of the risk of hemorrhage and stroke or internal bleeding. Of course all I had to read was there there is no known medication to stop internal bleeding (reverse it) if I had internal bleeding so I'm hysterical. I've had continuous headaches which my fiancé pointed out I've had pre medication I'm just paying more attention to it now. I had some weird muscle twitching in the right side temple last night that felt like heart beating googled and came across symptoms of impending stroke....and today I could've sworn I saw some discoloration possible bruise on forehead. Please help.

Even a simple painkiller like paracetamol has a shed-load of "possible" side effects, so you must trust that your doctor knows what they're doing. Your anxiety will search and find something to focus on and worry about. Take your prescribed med and distract yourself to prevent temptation of Googling. None of this is easy, I know, but you must at least try, otherwise the cycle of impending doom will continue.