PDA

View Full Version : Tingling numb feeling in tongue/lip/chin

Dubmom
14-09-17, 23:23
Hi everyone. For the last 3 weeks, I have been having a tingling, numb feeling in the right side of my tongue, right side of my bottom lip, and right side of my chin. The tongue thing started suddenly and has progressed. It's not constant, but it is present most days. I mentioned it to my PCP, she checked my vitamin levels and they are all good. I mentioned it to my physical therapist and he seemed puzzled. My jaw on the right bottom side is sore to the touch and my teeth and ear ache on the right side sometimes.

I've read about TMJ and I'm wondering if maybe that's what it is? I have been trying to make a conscious effort not to clench my jaw and it has helped some. But I am having trouble fighting back the brain tumor fears. It's so odd that it's all on the right side. I had a filling on a right top side tooth about 3 weeks before this began. Had X-rays and dentist saw no other issues with my teeth. Could it be possible it's a tooth issue?

Anyone else had similar issues? I know it's a known anxiety symptom but 3 weeks seems like a long time to me for it to last?