PDA

View Full Version : Scared! Tired ! Heart!

nwoods92
15-09-17, 01:40
Just jolted awake jumped out of bed heart going really fast super scared. Managed to calm down and back in bed but worried now it's my heart. 25 and went to docs they said heart was fine from ecgs and bloods even went docs today and he checked pressure and had a listen and said it's fine. Confused and scared!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catherine S
15-09-17, 02:01
Your doctors say your heart is fine and your ECG reads normal. You don't believe it? Not many people seem to. If the reading isn't giving the cardiologist any cause for worry why should you? After all, he's the man who holds hearts in his hands for a living, if he can't convince you all is ok i'm not sure who can.

At some point we all experience a blip in our nervous system so you're not feeling anything that's unusual. These jolts and other heartfelt stuff happens. If you've had normal test results then accept it as normal. I've had a heart that beats erratically for over 40 years. Ive had all the tests and my heart is fine. I'm still here and my heart is still beating.

Cath S.

thestruggle
15-09-17, 19:02
This might make you feel better.. I wear a Fitbit 24/7 which tells me my HR at all times on the display. I'm pretty fit and active and as a result it is always in the 50s when I'm relaxing, sometimes mid to late 40s when I'm asleep :) I did a class on Wednesday and my HR went up to 163! It was pounding hard in my chest, but I knew (despite the fact I'm a terrible HA sufferer!) that I was ok! I felt ok..I knew it's a natural part of doing such a high intensity class and it would soon go back down.

Because of my anxiety I really don't sleep well at all. When it's bad I'll jolt awake in a panic several times a night! My HR shoots up and I can feel every single heart beat, but it soon calms right back down again. Heart rates always fluctuate throughout the day and at times of stress/exertion. If your blood pressure and HR were fine when they were checked, despite your nerves about being tested for something wrong with your heart, then I think you're all good :hugs: If you have problems, they generally show up with such tests..