PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety and medication side effects.

Loggie05
15-09-17, 08:35
Hi everyone. I've lurked this site for a very long time. I've had health anxiety/ocd for 10years. I've been on and off medication since 2006. The reason I was on and off was because we were trying for baby number 2 and I wasn't able to do fertility treatment whilst on medication. So fast forward to 2016 and I have my baby and all is great until July 2016. Started spotting daily for 6 weeks. Was terrified I had cervical cancer so was given smear and referred to gynae for a check up. Smear was clear and gynae chalked everything up to hormones and the fact I have pcos. He had a good look, done a biopsy of womb and fitted a coil. Biopsy was also clear so great. However for some reason I wasn't reassured. The spotting slowly tapered off to around 3 times a month but I still wasn't convinced. Exactly a year after the spotting started I asked my gp to look at my cervix just to make sure and then I can move on from this worry. So all clear and cervix looks healthy. I was put on mirtazipine at this point and changed from fluoxetine to Sertraline. 2 days after having the clear from cervical cancer I'm in the drs with a brain tumour fear. This fear has crippled me. I'm mentally exhausted. so Dr has me on 100mg of sertraline in morning with 10mg of propanalol, another 10mg of propanalol around 1pm and 45mg mirtazipine and 10mg of propanalol at 10pm. The side effects have been horrendous and funnily enough are the same side effects as a brain tumour. I'm wondering if I'm taking too many drugs? The lack of concentration is what scares me the most. Then there's the feeling sick and the tiredness.

Sorry for the rambles of a mad woman. I'm desperate to fix this anxiety and have a normal life (whatever normal is). Xxx

Elliejane44
17-09-17, 18:15
You need to go to gp to review your medication . Just explain how it feels . Most have side effects . It a balance .
I only on citropram but struggled going on it fir weeks