PDA

View Full Version : Horrible fatigue, feeling faint

cattia
15-09-17, 12:52
Yesterday I had a horrible episode at work. I've been feeling more and more fatigued and exhausted over the past couple of weeks and I was really struggling to concentrate on anything. I'd been feeling kind of light headed then suddenly I felt really distant and woozy and I thought I was going to faint. My legs went like jelly and afterwards I felt really out of it for ages and I went really shakey. It was horrible especially as passing out is one of my fears. I've never actually passed out but I really thought I would and I am so worried that something really bad is wrong with me. I have more blood tests (had a load in June and they were all fine). I'm just worried that I will never feel normal again. I'm worried it could be anything from ME to cancer :(

thestruggle
15-09-17, 15:58
Is there anything in particular causing you fatigue right now? How's your sleep at night? Has the tiredness come on quite suddenly? :hugs:

riversidewalking
15-09-17, 16:28
Hi cattia,
if the blood tests did not point towards anemia, and your sugar levels do not usually drop during the ay, you could simply be under stress and/or lots of anxiety. Feeling lightheaded, unsteady, without appetite, etc. are some of the symptoms of anxiety.
If they do persist, talk to your GP about it so that he/she can put your mind at ease (just like they did with the blood test).

cattia
15-09-17, 18:18
Thanks. I am wondering whether it was some sort if stress reaction as my anxiety has been ramping up for several months now. I was on and off anti depressants over the summer, couldn't make up my mind whether to take them or not. Today I decided to just bite the bullet and started on 25mg sertraline. The fatigue has been getting worse these past couple of weeks. I've been getting pelvic pain for ages and I went to the doctor about it and have been referred for a pelvic ultrasound so o am very very anxious about that. I've got a promotion at work and I've been working long hours. I have three kids at home. My marriage isn't great. I feel under a lot of pressure. I don't exercise and my diet could be better. I guese I should make some changes but I feel overwhelmed and very scared of being seriously ill and dropping one of the balls I'm juggling.

thestruggle
15-09-17, 18:53
Awww Cattia, I feel for you.. you have such a lot on your plate right now and you sound massively overwhelmed so no wonder you're fatigued if your mind is racing at 100mph all the time.. Try not to think about the ultrasound, as hard as that is. There are so many reasons for pelvic pain which could even be something as silly as sitting too much and having tight hip flexors because of lack of exercise etc. :) I'm guessing you don't have a lot of support at home and your main focus is your little ones.. If you're going to make changes, don't try to tackle everything at once as that will make you feel worse. I've got a scan coming up soon too and all I can think about is my little boy and being there for him, which makes me panic and then my anxiety spirals. It is exhausting and will leave you feeling terrible due to all the stress and thoughts..

cattia
16-09-17, 07:29
Thanks, it's really helpful to talk to other people who understand, although I'm sorry that you are experiencing similar problems. Waiting for tests is the absolute worst thing for me. In my head I run through the worst case scenario and it's so frightening. Logically I can see that there are lots of lifestyle reasons for me not to feel great at the moment. I've woken up this morning with a headache and sore throat and feeling rubbish. I'm hoping that if I can stick on the Sertraline this time then maybe it will take the edge off and help me feel more on top of things.

walkerbull
16-09-17, 07:30
Sleep?, I feel pretty terrible when I don't get at least eight hours sleep.

cattia
16-09-17, 08:59
I only had about three hours the night before this happened so it could also be related to that I guess but it's been years since I had eight hours sleep so I ought to be used to it by now.