PDA

View Full Version : Lyrica drunkenness

Jakemje
16-09-17, 18:40
I know lyrica can make you feel drunk/dizzy/foggy headed...but I started at 150mg (50mg x 3) and was foggy for a day or so. Then went up to 225mg (75mg x 3) and was foggy for a day or so.

Now at 300mg (100mg x3) and I have been DRUNK for 5 days... is this normal at this level? How long should I continue this dose if I keep feeling this way? And I wouldn't think that just an extra 75mg over my last dose would cause this.

Any info or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated

Anxiety7
16-09-17, 19:24
Hello :)

I am Lyrica but I am only on 25mg a day because my doctor messed up my prescription I should be on 300mg for anxiety

Anyway enough about me. The drunkenness goes away after 1-2 weeks so bare with it as your brain needs to adapt to this drug

I even experienced this on such a low 25mg

Jakemje
16-09-17, 19:27
I mean this is bad... I had to have my wife drive me home and could barely stand to be in the car thinking I would be sick from the movement

Jakemje
17-09-17, 02:48
I've been on every ssri (except luvox), tried snri's, some old TCAs, and now lyrica for my GAD.

It's not working well.... I'm still taking 20mg of valium a day and a beta blocker. My doc has just about doped me up to the maximum extent I can still breathe with, but still have severe anxiety daily.

She now wants to add a small dose, 2.5mg, of abilify

Does this sound right? I've heard of people taking it with an AD, but not by itself or with basically a glorified pain pill.

I'm at my ropes end... It's now been since last November that we have been trying to get this under control with little to no success.

I'm open to options all the way to smoking crack if it stop this

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

And no, medical marijuana is not legal here nor would I want it.

hanshan
17-09-17, 02:49
Hi Jakemje - Everyone is different when taking a med like this - it does seem that dizziness is a particular side effect for you. The dizziness should recede, but in the meantime, you could try temporarily cutting back to 200/225 mg per day. As your body becomes more accustomed to the med, you can again experiment going back up to 300 mg per day. (It might also be that 225 mg per day is all you need). Also, you could talk to your doctor/pharmacist about smaller quantity capsules (eg 50 mg) so that you change dosage it is in smaller jumps. Good luck.

Jakemje
17-09-17, 16:39
What about the abilify in combination with lyrica? This combo doesn't make sense to me....

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

And I did speak to my pdoc and she told me.to go back down to 75mg x3 a day (225mg)

With the valium, beta blocker, and the lyrica...i think I'm physically to drugged up. But it's not stopping the anxiety or muscle tension. It's just making me tired and loopy all the time