PDA

View Full Version : Fleshy light patches back of throat

Deckard79
17-09-17, 08:32
Hi everyone.

I'm really sorry to post here again, but totally freaking out. Had a bit of a dry, sore-ish throat for a while and decided to take a look with my phone flashlight.

At the back, right at the start of the windpipe, there's these patchy light bits. Two big ones that go down either side, I think from my nasal cavity, and smaller ones to the centre and around.

I'm scared to death I could have throat cancer. I attached a photo, though it isn't as clear as when using the flashlight.

Chick100
17-09-17, 08:49
Hi everyone.

I'm really sorry to post here again, but totally freaking out. Had a bit of a dry, sore-ish throat for a while and decided to take a look with my phone flashlight.

At the back, right at the start of the windpipe, there's these patchy light bits. Two big ones that go down either side, I think from my nasal cavity, and smaller ones to the centre and around.

I'm scared to death I could have throat cancer. I attached a photo, though it isn't as clear as when using the flashlight.

Hi Deckard79.

It sounds like a throat infection to me, nothing more sinister. Best to let your doctor have a look. Tonsillitis causes white patches.:)

Fishmanpa
17-09-17, 16:56
While I didn't take a look into Deckard Caverns, I can say as a Head and Neck Cancer survivor, it doesn't present in the manner you described. I'm sure if you get it checked out it will confirm what I'm saying

Positive thoughts

Deckard79
17-09-17, 19:03
Thanks so much for the response, both of you.

I have an appointment to see a doc, but being in the UK, there's a long wait. My wife thinks I'm panicking about nothing, and given my obsessive Health anxiety of late she's probably right.

This photo shows better what I'm worried about (sorry for the gross-out).