PDA

View Full Version : worried about bowel movements

anxiouscat
17-09-17, 13:56
Since Thursday, i've been going to the toilet more frequently (2-3 times a day) and its more of it (no diarrhea, just normal) and I don't know why...I normally go every 2-3 days and constipated. I'm worried i'm ill or something

I started re taking Shatavari (for my periods) on the 8th and I having been eating anything different. I had a bit of stress on Thursday as I had an interview Friday and I've nearly finished my period (had hardly no stomach cramps this month as I normally have bad ones) but i'm not normally like this.

could it be the Shatavari? (I didn't have any trouble when I took it before though) or something else??

I feel so stupid when I worry about bowel habits...its just a bit issue for me :(

Annaboodle
17-09-17, 16:55
Hi, yes it could be. I'm v. prone to an upset stomach (as in if you shout at me I'll likely get one!) and years ago when I took Shatavari it gave me mild diarrhea for a while which passed. So maybe it's made you more regular. Your bowel movements just sound healthier now - better than when it was every few days with constipation. Periods mess with my bowels and so does any sort of stress, so if it were me it could be either of those things or a combination of factors. Obviously any sudden change to your bowel habit that goes on for more than a few weeks you'd probably check with your doctor, though at the moment your conversation with your GP would be along the lines of, "Well doctor, my bowel movements are now 2 or 3 a day and normal and I was constipated before". They're just going to think that sounds like healthy bowels and a good thing then.

Chick100
17-09-17, 17:13
Since Thursday, i've been going to the toilet more frequently (2-3 times a day) and its more of it (no diarrhea, just normal) and I don't know why...I normally go every 2-3 days and constipated. I'm worried i'm ill or something

I started re taking Shatavari (for my periods) on the 8th and I having been eating anything different. I had a bit of stress on Thursday as I had an interview Friday and I've nearly finished my period (had hardly no stomach cramps this month as I normally have bad ones) but i'm not normally like this.

could it be the Shatavari? (I didn't have any trouble when I took it before though) or something else??

I feel so stupid when I worry about bowel habits...its just a bit issue for me :(

Hi anxiouscat
You are not alone with your worry about bowel habits, but I agree with AnnaBoodle, and you actually sound like your bowel habits have improved. Stress and medications could all be playing a part in your more frequent vists, my own bowels and stomach are the first to let me know when I´m upset/stressed about something, and going for an interview is stressful . My advice would be to see how you are in a few weeks, and if still worried look into it then. I hope this helps you dear.:)