PDA

View Full Version : Another run around with anxiety

Haloinreverse
17-09-17, 21:00
So hello I'm newish here, and have fought with anxiety for a long time.
I'm sadly back in to the anxiety hole deep.
I just spent a whole summer thinking I had a brain ratting amoba. To not have it.
Then get scratched by a cat to be Live I got rabies... Then my newly adopted buddy to get cat napped. She was vaccinated, and belonged to my neighbor but was my buddy.
To a week of being back to prions disease.
Now back to rabies because I found a mark on my chest that is smaller then a bat bite with larger holes... Even though I pick my skin religiously.
To a full out house and attic inspection.
I haven't even seen a bat since I was like 11, and I'm sensitive to pain so I would of known.
Health anxiety is ungodly annoying.

KK77
17-09-17, 21:20
I don't understand.... You haven't been in contact with bats yet fear you've been bitten by one? Plus, you've had your house fully checked out for bats and haven't seen one since you were 11?

Haloinreverse
17-09-17, 21:46
Oh I'm fully aware. It's more like fighting with myself in a constant battle of anxiety

KK77
17-09-17, 22:08
Oh I'm fully aware. It's more like fighting with myself in a constant battle of anxiety

Are you taking any meds or receiving help to deal with all these fears? Talking therapy etc?

Haloinreverse
17-09-17, 22:48
I was in cbt/therapy for 10 years. Recently lost my health insurance. I was on medication but can't get it now, even though I have new health insurance till I find a new doctor. Even then it didn't help.
I've been dealing with this since I was 8 years old. Been around all sorts of treatment, threapies, and medications.
An at the stage of get morbidly depressed and also use then use logic. Then use skills I learned in cbt.

KK77
17-09-17, 23:21
Sorry to hear that. What meds have you tried? Would you consider going on them again? There is no logic to depression unfortunately - I suffer myself so understand your pain.

There is a link to free CBT recommended by NMP here http://cbt4panic.org/ (if you're interested).

All the best.

Haloinreverse
18-09-17, 00:31
Every single one to date. In already on an anti seizure medication(thank goodness I have the same neuro) because I have epilepsy.
It's like health anxiety is a bunch of drunks guy yelling at the one sober person for day you had to much.