PDA

View Full Version : What if thinker

PanickedTraveller
18-09-17, 00:43
Hello everyone,

I would describe myself as a "what if" thinker. My mind always tends to wander to the worst case senario and it has begun to severely affect my life. I started to develop anxiety in my mid twenties I'm now 29 years old and the older I get the more things start to bother me. When I was 17 I went on the most amazing trip to Australia with my mom for 2 weeks and have dreamed of going to New Zealand next. My husband and I have just booked a flight there for February next year. The only problem is that I have become so afraid of flying. Logically I know it is safe and I have travelled far before but now even when we take small trips all I can think about is getting back home and not wanting to be away for too long. I keep thinking what if the plane crashes, thinking what if I get really anxious but I can't get home for 2 weeks. I feel like I have a very low tolerance for feeling uncomfortable. During the daytime I convince myself everything will be alright but when nightime comes I start getting negative thoughts again and it makes me feel physically I'll. I have 5 months until our trip so I'm trying to use this site to prepare myself.

venusbluejeans
18-09-17, 00:49
Hiya PanickedTraveller and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Rell87
18-09-17, 00:52
I totally sympathise with you, I'm a what if thinker too. It gets to a point where you feel like its taking over your life. There was a period of time after I just had my daughter that I didn't leave the house for weeks because of the what ifs. It's awful

MariosK39
20-09-17, 14:51
Hello everyone,

I would describe myself as a "what if" thinker. My mind always tends to wander to the worst case senario and it has begun to severely affect my life. I started to develop anxiety in my mid twenties I'm now 29 years old and the older I get the more things start to bother me. When I was 17 I went on the most amazing trip to Australia with my mom for 2 weeks and have dreamed of going to New Zealand next. My husband and I have just booked a flight there for February next year. The only problem is that I have become so afraid of flying. Logically I know it is safe and I have travelled far before but now even when we take small trips all I can think about is getting back home and not wanting to be away for too long. I keep thinking what if the plane crashes, thinking what if I get really anxious but I can't get home for 2 weeks. I feel like I have a very low tolerance for feeling uncomfortable. During the daytime I convince myself everything will be alright but when nightime comes I start getting negative thoughts again and it makes me feel physically I'll. I have 5 months until our trip so I'm trying to use this site to prepare myself.

A "what-if" thinker is a great way to describe an analytical mind. Don't sell yourself short.