PDA

View Full Version : Worried about brain tumor - mixing up words, hypnic jerks

Eventhesparrows
18-09-17, 21:24
Kinda freaking out about the fact that every single night, multiple times a night for the past 2 weeks I've been having hypnic jerks. Also during this time I've been mixing up my words. For example, today I went to say "because they're having it early" and I said "because they're having it earthly". WTH!??? This isn't the first time, either. I'm worried these are all symptoms of a brain tumor. Please help.

Fishmanpa
18-09-17, 21:29
This has been going on for some time as you posted about this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=194575) over 6 months ago.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

IMO, you'd be very ill by now if it were sinister. Treat the real illness (anxiety) and you treat the symptoms associated with it.

Positive thoughts

cattia
18-09-17, 21:35
Anxiety does this to you. I was at work today and could not remember by brother and dad's birthday (they have birthdays on the same day). I worry about the same thing as you but I also know that anxiety destroys your focus and concentration.

au Lait
18-09-17, 21:50
It's anxiety. Happens to me too. I remember one night when I was extremely anxious I was jerking around so much I felt like a jumping bean. I also mix my words up. It's nothing serious.

saf138
18-09-17, 22:37
Definately sounds anxiety related does those hypnic jerks feel like you are getting electrocuted? I use to get them on a nightly basis as for your mixed up words its because your mind is all over place with stress and anxiety that its affected how you focus on getting out your words. Do yourself a favour and take Fishmans advise.

Jotia
19-09-17, 01:21
I also get my words mixed up like this and also sometimes I will go to say one word and change my mind at the last minute and say a mix of words. It often happens if I'm anxouis or tired. I was playing vdieo games before for hours and by the end of it i coould barely talk.

MyNameIsTerry
19-09-17, 05:30
Another recent thread about this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=208012

Had loads of stuff like this. But so do all human beings most likely due to things like tiredness. And try listening to people as they get older and you will see them do this too.

The jerks are very common in anxiety. If they are during the sleep onset or waking cycles then everyone gets those and anxiety isn't even connected other than the fact it can make them more frequent.