PDA

View Full Version : HA worries make it all worse

Michan90
19-09-17, 03:22
Hi everyone, I'm 27 years old and have had HA for a few years now. My stress bounces from being fine to fears of any disease daily. I was improving after my annual appointment last month, tho now I'm back down again. Right now it's about my armpits. For the last month things just haven't been right. First they got itchy a lot then I started to get small painful bumps. I could see them, they looked like pimples. I am terrible at replacing razors or shaving bare with no cream or shower gel lately, so I assumed it was ingrown hairs. They went away from one armpit only to appear in the other. They were always painful and I could feel my armpits just seeming enlarged. The itching stopped a week after it started but I still get the cycle of bumps in different armpits. Currently it's on my left and I can see the bump healing and it doesn't hurt as much but it feels like the area is just a large lump and of course I'm rubbing on it probably making worse.
I just had blood work run for my annual check up before this started and it was good but my HA is telling me breast cancer or lymphoma. I just can't get a grasp of it or how to talk myself down. I'm only 27 and I should be living my life up but instead I'm just sitting on worry mode reading Dr Google. How can I stop this?

WorrywartAus
19-09-17, 04:12
Let me be straight with you.

I've just been through breadt biopsy hell for the last few weeks.

1) Breast cancer lumps don't shift around
2) breast cancer lumps are typically a singular lump that grows
3)lymphoma would make you feel tired and like poop. Also, it's typically found in the neck or collarbone region.

I think you have ingrown hairs and inflamed follicles.
Change to a non soap wash and maybe stop shaving under your arms for a bit. It's very sensitive there!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

4) Every time you think of a potential illness, scream NOOOOOOO! (In your head)
Stop it dead in it's tracks and push your mind to something else.
It takes practice but it's doable.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

au Lait
19-09-17, 06:05
Sounds like skin irritation, perhaps from soap or deodorant that's too harsh. Try switching to a milder soap or a different deodorant and see if that helps. It doesn't sound like anything serious to me. The diseases you mentioned simply don't behave in the way you're describing.

Worrywart1234
19-09-17, 11:56
You shave both armpits, that would explain why the lumps are on both arms at different times. You use the same razor for both arms. Do yourself a favour and don't consult dr google - there's nothing but misery there.

Michan90
19-09-17, 13:58
Thank you everyone for responding! I am going to try to stop fretting and not let my HA win. It's so easy to let it suck me back in but the anxiety causes more symptoms that make us fret even more. I don't want to go back to that! I'm also going to try not shaving as much and change razors plus deodorant and such to see if it helps.