PDA

View Full Version : Fruit fallen on head!

Funky_Fairy
19-09-17, 22:27
I was at someone's house when they shook a fruit tree and I was hit by a quince falling from a 15 foot tree on the head. Since then I've had a headache and feel really sick. I rang 111 who told me to make an appointment at the GP first thing tomorrow and gave me a list of things to look out for. I'm so worried it's done some real damage. im so scared, it's now 4 hours after it happened and I've still got a headache and omg do I feel sick.

Catherine S
19-09-17, 23:15
The emergency services have had an interesting evening this evening it seems. But i'm not sure they've ever had a call about fruit falling on somebody's head, or maybe they have who knows. Yes it would certainly give you a bad headache if it fell from a great height, but if they thought it was anything more serious, they'd have told you to go to your nearest hospital straight away. Taking the fruit with you as evidence. I think paracetamol will probably do the trick.

Fishmanpa
19-09-17, 23:15
Hopefully it will just be an Isaac Newton moment. I have a "Told ya So" all ready ;)

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
20-09-17, 01:28
Nice of them to waste a GP's time though :doh: No wonder even doctors are concerned about the standards of that service.

If you bang something anywhere on the body you are going to get something registering. It may result in a bruise, a bump, etc and that's all normal and experienced every day everywhere. Feeling nausious can be one such symptom just as it can be when you bang the inside of your foot or knee, funny bone or god forbid get kicked in the unmentionables (something I can definately say causes nausea and a general lack of interest in the world for a while!).

Funky_Fairy
20-09-17, 11:10
Just back from the dr and I have a concussion. Have to have someone with me for the next 48 hours and rest for the next 2 weeks. Have been told my headache and sickness might last a week and beyond. was not a waste of time ringing 111 or making a Dr appointment this morning. I knew something wasn't right.

Annaboodle
20-09-17, 11:22
Ouch, hope you feel better soon. Nausea is one of the things to watch out for. I tend to pay more attention if it's my kids these days than I do for me and I know that any mention from them of a word like dizzy or sick after something fell on their head and I'd call for advice.