PDA

View Full Version : Shoulders feel weak when I wake up?

vincy
20-09-17, 08:31
Hi all...

I don't even really know what I'm worried about with this one, but it seems like when I first wake up in the mornings (especially if I got a bad night of sleep) I wake up feeling a bit shaky..and specifically my shoulders/arms feel weak or like they fell asleep

Anybody experience this?

Ozcar
20-09-17, 08:47
I do and much worse, maybe you have sleep apnea or maybe your bed and pillows are not good or suiting you well, maybe try changing your pillows and sleeping in a different position to see how you feel. I think it should help

vincy
20-09-17, 09:40
Do you know the cause for you? I feel like I have a lot of the secondary symptoms of sleep apnea...
nightmares, insomnia, etc. but I believe that is all the anxiety/depression etc.
I've slept with my girlfriend every night for a long time..she doesn't notice anything about my sleep, I only tend to snore when I'm sick, and I feel very well rested when I do get to sleep

---------- Post added at 08:40 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

I do and much worse, maybe you have sleep apnea or maybe your bed and pillows are not good or suiting you well, maybe try changing your pillows and sleeping in a different position to see how you feel. I think it should help

Just kidding I just saw your MND fear post stating you have sleep apnea...
could you describe what your experience is with that a bit?

Also, if you look at my post history, I have a big fear of ALS. I feel like I can answer most things about that by now!

Ozcar
20-09-17, 13:38
The thing about sleep apnea is sometimes it creeps up on you, your not even aware of it or the snoring isn't that bad but I guess your just not getting the right kind of sleep even though you might feel like you slept a lot or fresh, it can really play tricks on your body and can even cause weakness since the muscles are not getting the rest they need, a lot of the doctors I've seen think that has caused a lot of my symptoms including the weakness, twitching etc , it worth getting that checked since it's very easy to do with a sleep study and can really change your life with a Cpap machine