PDA

View Full Version : Im back!:(

pinkpiglet
20-09-17, 11:12
Ok so I discovered this forum back in 2008 after losing my Nan and developing anxiety. I was put on fluoxetine and told I didn't warrant CBT as I was able to open up without the use of it. Well that's all well and good when you have someone to 'open up' to, and I had no one, well, that's not entirely true, I had a lot of support around me but don't you just find its easier talking to strangers? So with fluoxetine to help I quickly realised that I was going to have to help myself and find as much info as I could to battle my anxiety and to also find a support network, a bunch of people who would guide, advise and support me, as I could them! That's when I stumbled across this amazing website called 'No more panic' This forum was my absolute lifeline for a good 6-8 months, I was able to overcome the worst of my anxiety and get back to normal living. I certainly owe all that to the group.
Well, almost 9 years ive managed to keep that dreaded thing under control and push it away whenever I felt it rising. Almost as if I had it trapped in my inner dungeon and was, for a long long time, able to forget it was even there. But, of course, as we all know too well, it was always there waiting for my defences to drop and this time I wasn't ready for it. It snook back in and took off its coat and shoes!! so here I am, back in the fold and hoping this army can help me fight it off once more. I'm back on 20mg of fluoxetine a day (I wasn't waiting to get any worse, I was straight to the docs when relaised!!)
I hope we can support each other :bighug1: