PDA

View Full Version : Blood test results

Wilburis
20-09-17, 15:36
Hello

I had bloods done on Monday and the GP told me to ring today to get the results.

The receptionist told me that my thyroid was OK but there are some that the GP hasnt "written off".

I do have health anxiety and am now thinking all sorts of things.

Does the receptionist mean that the others have come back abnormal?

Thank you

x

KK77
20-09-17, 17:14
Maybe a few results came back borderline, which could warrant a further test to be certain. I don't think it means that anything sinister or serious has been found: slightly abnormal readings are in fact quite common.

So you have an appointment with GP?

mrsgilby569
25-09-17, 22:36
Hello

I had bloods done on Monday and the GP told me to ring today to get the results.

The receptionist told me that my thyroid was OK but there are some that the GP hasnt "written off".

I do have health anxiety and am now thinking all sorts of things.

Does the receptionist mean that the others have come back abnormal?

Thank you

x

Hello,

Can I ask what the other blood test is?

X

Wilburis
26-09-17, 12:24
Hi

They were full bloods, liver and kidney, thyroid and ESR.

xx

mrsgilby569
26-09-17, 19:15
I honestly would not worry too much (I've suffered bad health anxiety thanks to blood tests). If it's urgent they would have called you back and spoke to you. I always demand them to call me same day they will if they know you suffer with anxiety. My blood test was them and ca-125 (ovarian cancer tumour marker). Mine came back over... still don't know why it's higher but it's given me awful anxiety and I'm now having to take medication.

I really hope you're okay x

Wilburis
26-09-17, 20:55
Hello

Im sorry to hear that your blood test came back bad.

Did they investigate further?

Ive only just moved surgery as my previous one was a joke.

xx

mrsgilby569
27-09-17, 22:05
I am lucky our doctors is pretty good but takes a long time to book as most are nower days :(

I hope every thing is okay with you.

I guess I have to wait until the next lot of bloods. I feel awful most of the time through not knowing what is wrong....

All the best to you xx

Wilburis
28-09-17, 12:21
Hello

Please keep in touch.

Wishing you the best.

xx