PDA

View Full Version : Is it just anxiety? worried

Khaleesi85
20-09-17, 16:40
Hi Everyone, I`m Emily.

Hi,I think I have health anxiety or general anxiety or both. I have common symptoms like dizziness,worry,feeling of impending doom,worrying about my health but nothing bad happens to me,small panic attacks,nausea sometimes, random pains in my body at times, like in my left arm and by my left or right breast like twingy little pains, small sharp pain in my chest every once in awhile,heart flutters at random times but i have had them more lately, i have had shortness of breath a few times but even at rest and i dont get it when i use the treadmill or walk outside and if i do breathing exercises it seems to help. So any little thing that happens to my body or chest area makes me worry and feel scared. I am scared theres something wrong with my heart or that i`m gonna have a heart attack even though nothing serious ever happens to me. Whats funny is when i`m out doing fun things i dont get hardly any symptoms cause my mind isnt thinking about it i guess?

Back in november 2016 I started having pains off and on in my head, like a ice pick type headache and i was so worried that i had something serious like a brain tumor, i went to see the doctor about it in may and she said it was a type of migraine she prescribed me Amitriptyline its for anxiety and depression but its often prescribed to people with mirgraines, I have not taken it partly because i am scared of side effects and because i haven`t had the headaches hardly at all since i saw the doctor. I kind of want to start taking it to see if it helps me calm down. She also said everything else looked fine with me with a general check up.

For the past few days I also have been overly aware of my heart beat,like i feel/hear it when sitting down,its not fast i can just hear it more then usual.

Like last night when i was just resting i had a small weird pain in my upper left arm that would last a few seconds off and on and come on randomly over a couple hours but went away, i have had the same type of weird pain in my lower left arm in the past but i have had this once in awhile ever since the problem with my headaches came up back in november 2016.

What I want to know is what i have health anxiety or generalized anxiety? Cause i worry about my health more then anything and could have worrying about my head aches brought on the anxiety even though I don`t worry about the headaches anymore? Because before they started I never had anxiety symptoms.

Monday I started taking Triple Calm Magnesium 150 mg twice a day to see if it helps.

I`m 31, I dont have any other health problems that i know of, i exercise,eat right and i don`t smoke. i am over weight but I have lost weight and changed how i eat. I started my diet in december 2016 and I am down to 210 so far, i use to weight 302. So i am trying to take care of my health.

Clydesdale Epona
20-09-17, 19:32
It does sound rather like health anxiety, it is worth mentioning it to your GP or seeing a therapist to get diagnosed or find out what it is x

All the best :hugs:

Shimmy81
21-09-17, 22:06
Hi,

I've had or am having nearly all the symptoms you describe and it's down to anxiety, most likely health anxiety.

Try not to think about it, I know it's hard but just try and carry on with your life and do the things you enjoy.....I know the symptoms are real but the more you focus on them the more you will feel them and feed you anxiety. Your body pumps too much adrenaline and causes your nerves to go into overdrive.

Just look at your own example, you thought brain Fumo and headache but went to see doc and were told it's ok....and since then no more headaches! It's sometimes about reassuring...I had exact,y the same headaches and brain tumour fears.....went to doc told its very rare but had ct scan just for piece of mind....was clear.

As for the amitriptline, well I work in pharmacy and the side effects are not bad, dry mouth, constipation etc I've used it myself and experienced them but nothing debilitating. Of course if it gets bad just stop using it.

Hope this helps.

Peace.

Chick100
22-09-17, 09:21
Hiya kal.

Anxiety will cause all of the things you describe, no matter what area you think you fall under, eg health anxiety, general etc. When we are anxious its very easy to note every little heartbeat, ache and pain and blow it all out of proportion, its the nature of the beast. Weird thoughts and feelings are a huge part of the anxiety state, and when we feel better we can see that those same thoughts are in general, ridiculous.

I have quite a few books written in the 60īs by Dr Claire Weekes and referring to those helps me a huge amount. The style of writing seems quite old fashioned now, but her description of what the anxiety state throws at you and ways to overcome the anxiety state is priceless in my opinion. So is counseling with a psychologist and practicing relaxation exercises.

Maybe you should bite the bullet and start taking what the doctor prescribed . Sometimes we need that kind of help.

Blonde123
22-09-17, 11:51
It's horrible having anxiety. I'm currently having dizzy spells so I'm sat here having an eye test and I'm absolutely terrified and it's only an eye test!! I'm hoping that if they give me the all clear I will know that it's the anxiety causing the problem and not something serious. I'm just waiting to go in and I'm wondering how I've done this to myself. Chin up x

Khaleesi85
23-09-17, 19:00
Thank you so much everyone for you replies, I am thinking about going to the doctor sometime. I will try and not let things get to me so much.

The past few days i have been feeling really sad because
wenesday night my long distance boyfriend of 8 months told he has been struggling with minor to severe depression lately and he wants to take a break from us while he focuses on his school work cause he goes to college and focus on getting better,he told me its nothing I did and that its all him and hes not stable to be in a relationship right now.He asked if we could stay friends, i didnt answer him but i did want to. Well yesterday I saw he took me off FB,Skype, disabled his IMVU, changed his password to net flix and hulu. I have his number but i`m scared to call him now.

I emailed him today telling him that I`m not taking this personally and that i dont hate him and that i love him and i always will and i hope he gets better and I will wait for him no matter how long it takes.

I know depression can affect people and make them act so diffetent and distant and do things they dont want to do, I am so worried about him and i am so hurt by this i can hardly take it but i am trying to have faith that he will come back to me, because he said this is just a break not the end.but it still hurts that he cut off all contact from me.

I will try and let him come to me i just miss him so much it feels like a part of me is empty, I just hope he`ll be ok. I didnt know this was going on with him so it was very unexpected and was a big shock to me. I dont have depression just anxiety but I know some people on here do so they probably understand whats hes going through and why hes doing this.