PDA

View Full Version : Ingrown hair or infection?

thestruggle
20-09-17, 17:34
Has anyone ever had an ingrown hair under the armpit? I've had a slightly thicker looking dark hair for about 4 weeks, which doesn't seem to go when I shave.. It's sort of surrounded by a tiny bump that only became red and sore looking last night.. before now it's been skin coloured and not really looked infected. My armpit has been painful for weeks and swollen along with slightly enlarged lymph nodes. Is it possible this hair could have been causing it even though it didn't look infected? Is my body battling something inside I don't know about? The reason I panic about infections is previous MRSA although this is a tiny red lump compared to the ones I have had in the past! I'm wondering if perhaps my nodes are just big because of a previous gross abscess in the side of my chest that required a lot of antibiotics..

I still have a swollen node under my armpit, with a new one next to it that has popped up...they're both very mobile, same sort of size, probably less than 2cm in diameter, tender when pushed and feel soft... is it possible I have some infection I don't know about?! Been 6 weeks now..

elysemarie123
20-09-17, 17:36
Oh yes - they are very weird to say the least. I normally don't notice them until they come to a head and I can pop them. Sometimes they are painful, sometimes they aren't, but I'm always amazed at how long of a hair comes out. I noticed the more I messed with mine, the more it hurt, so try not to bother with it! I think pressing a warm washcloth might help bring it to a head but I've never tried it.