PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

ianmpos
20-09-17, 21:58
Hi,

I am a long time sufferer with anxiety, mostly GAD and also some work based anxiety.

Last year was especailly bad for me, the worst that i can ever remember. Went to see the GP a few times and was fobbed off with no real solution. Finally went back when i couldnt stand it anymore and broke down. I think he realised something wasnt quite right. Got prescribed citalpram and was offered loads of support from the local mental health dept. Didnt take the support straight away as the anxiety wouldnt let me but did eventually and it made a difference talking about it all to a person that wasnt a friend or partner.

Stuck out the meds until January this year when i decided i needed a change so ditched the citalpram, stopped smoking and started exercising. If someone had said to do that last year i would never have believed it could change things so much. I feel like a completely different person now and really looking forward to the future.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Ian

venusbluejeans
20-09-17, 22:11
Hiya ianmpos and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: