PDA

View Full Version : Pin Pricks and Pain - Anyone else?

pretoria
20-09-17, 22:12
Hey Guys

I suffer health anxiety. I am on 20mg of Prozac which I have been a bit flakey with, missing like 2 or 3 days here and there but back on it now.

For 4 days I have been experience what I can only describe as little pin pricks all over my body. Like someone has a little acupuncture needle and is jabbing me in random places around my body, literally anywhere.

I also have small areas of (maybe) small muscles cramps because I get little short waives of pain in random areas of my body and my joints.

I visited a doctor this morning who gave me neurological physical (clench your jaw, touch your nose with your eyes closed, pupils, walk n the spot, reflexes e.t.c. He didn't seem overly concerned and said all those checks came back as normal.

I'm am starting to worry this is:

a) Permanent and always have this
b) Serious neurological condition
c) Going crazy

These sensation are none stop, I am at a heightened anxious state because of it. Keeping busy and moving around seems to help take my mind off the sensations but when I laying or sitting I just focus on them again.

Please tell me someone lse can relate to these sensations?

Nathan

KK77
20-09-17, 22:52
When you say you have pins-and-needles sensation all over your body, do you mean constantly or intermittently? Obviously sensations like these can be part of the anxiety symptom spectrum and if your GP isn't concerned I would say it's not permanent or a serious neurological illness. Many anxiety sufferers get these symptoms, including myself in the past, and I would give it a week or so to clear up. If it doesn't, then I'd advise seeing your GP again.

pretoria
20-09-17, 23:29
It's not like pins and needles like when your leg falls asleep and you get pins and needles, this is actual small pin like pricking in random places. Tickling couch now.

KK77
20-09-17, 23:43
Perhaps someone who's had it will come along.