PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain and arm pain

chronicworrier
21-09-17, 01:57
Hey all. This is my second post about this but I went to a doc and got no answers. I had an ekg done and bloodwork done. Both came bask good. I've been having chest pains on both sides for awhile. Sometimes the pain is on my left side of the chest and back and feels more like a tightness. This is always after even a bit of exercise. One type feels like a prickly sensation in my chest. It doesn't really hurt but feels weird. Another type is a squeezing pain that is in the center and kinda spreads to both sides and my jaw. Now I've also been having pain in my armpits. It kinda feels achy I guess and I get pain in my inner bicep usually with the armpit pain. It doesn't seem to be brought on by anything in particular. Sometimes it's a kind of a spotted pain on my elbows. I'm 6 foot. 235. White male. I have anxiety, acid reflux, and obsessive thoughts. Once again the ekg and blood tests were normal. Is there a chance something was missed with those tests? I just want the pain to go away :(

Goblin88
21-09-17, 02:21
Most likely nothing was missed and it’s all just due to anxiety. Stress messes with our bodies and causes a bunch of unpleasant symptoms, and when we fixate on those symptoms, they become constant and feel like they’re getting worse(they really aren’t)

How is your breathing? Sometimes faulty breathing patterns(like chest breathing or chronic deep breathing)can cause all sorts of musculoskeletal pains in our chests.

Trust your doctors and trust those tests, if there was any damage to your heart the ECG would have picked it up. If you need further reassurance, an echocardiogram and/or a stress test will help put your mind at ease.