PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Give a Shit

Vikingbeast
21-09-17, 02:58
Yeah, I came to the conclusion - the same conclusion Red came to in this movie. I'm done living in this prison, being more afraid of being afraid than I am of being critically sick. Chop my foot off. Remove half my face. Whatever! It, anything, can't be worse than dealing with Health Anxiety and letting it dominate my life, making me crazy, making me doctor-hop like an alcoholic hopping the bars. Yeah, I'm done. It broke me. So......what Red says here. I finally reached the end. (By the by, this movie was filmed just up the hill from the prison I teach at in the old prison that we replaced when it was built).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtwXlIwozog

NervUs
21-09-17, 03:08
Totally agree that HA is a scourge and it is a prison that we ourselves slam the door and throw away the key.

I still would rather have it than my feared disease!

stressedanxious
21-09-17, 03:30
I had this attitude for a while, then a scary symptom came and I got scared all over again :(

MyNameIsTerry
21-09-17, 05:00
One of my favourite movies. You know what I love about it? The end scene where there are no words.

Red said some profound things. "Get busy living or get busy dieing" although that might be a worrying one some but perhaps we could take it in the positive - fight back?!!!

One of the most interesting I found was when he spoke about institutionalisation. Does that ring a bell to anyone about anxiety? You come spend so long with it that you come to rely on it like the walls Red talked about. It's very true because as you work on recovery you are battling worries about why you don't feel anxious. Feeling well can be alien and anxiety tries to fight back so you don't start to understand how feeling well is and come to accept it.