PDA

View Full Version : Scared of the b word

stressedanxious
21-09-17, 03:32
I’m so scared and paranoid about botulism .
I just can’t even say the word, I’m literally terrified .
I handled some rotton potatoes and onions and garlic this morning , and I’m paranoid and terrified I may have accidentally got some of the juice on my finger and scared. I touched my nostril. I literally am too scared to google .

Midnight-mouse
21-09-17, 10:56
Did you wash your hands afterwards?

I understand the fears completely, I have many thoughts and obsessions regarding contamination. It's the last thing I have to work on now.

What helps me is people that don't suffer the way we do would just go 'yuck - they are off' throw them away and wash their hands and never think of it again and suffer no ill effects, you won't either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stressedanxious
21-09-17, 13:00
It all started with a bag of rotten potatoes, and rotten onions and rotten lemons. I had forgotten them inside the bottom of the oven . When I opened it I saw the bag was rotten, so I put a glove on one hand, but not the other hand. I grabbed a garbage bag and tried to empty the rotten potato’s into the empty trash bag but liquid stuff got all over the garbage bag. I started to panic, so I put that garbage bag in another one and that one in another one. I washed my hands . But my kids were crying so I couldn’t wash them long enough. Then I was laying down breastfeeding my kids and I was paranoid that there was a maggot or a fly up my nose so I stuck my finger on my nose to see if there was a bug in there. Then I started to panic because I felt like my finger was contaminated. I got scared, what if I didn’t wash my hand good enough? What if the liquid for the potAto somehow got inside my nose. So I went to the bathroom got a q tip and started to clean my nose, then I took a shower. But then my toddler got the q tip and stick it in his ear. Now I am seriously about to throw up I am so scared of botulissim.

I feel like crying. I did everything wrong today. If I didn’t forget those stupid potatoes I would sleep so good tonight. But now I am terrified of getting botulism. I am about to cry man:(

KK77
21-09-17, 15:22
I’m so scared and paranoid about botulism .
I just can’t even say the word, I’m literally terrified .
I handled some rotton potatoes and onions and garlic this morning , and I’m paranoid and terrified I may have accidentally got some of the juice on my finger and scared. I touched my nostril. I literally am too scared to google .

You need to get help controlling your anxiety - you can't carry on like this fearing the most innocent and innocuous things.

Can you not see your GP? All the stress with recent events seems to have left you in a constant state of panic and anxiety.