PDA

View Full Version : Lymph nodes in neck

PolarBear01
21-09-17, 21:39
Recently I have been anxious about leukemia/lymphoma and have been feeling my neck for nodes. On one side I can feel several pea-sized nodes - believe they are the cervical nodes.

I visited my GP and he felt my neck but didn't feel like I checked these ones. Would it be normal to feel these if they are normal sized?

Fishmanpa
21-09-17, 21:49
Would it be normal to feel these if they are normal sized?

We have 400-600 nodes in our bodies. At any given time, if you poke and prod enough, you're bound to feel a few here and there.

Positive thoughts

Thelegend27
23-09-17, 06:12
i wouldnt say "normal size" as normal can be a variety of sizes, even a node above 2 cm can be considered normal, this is because lymph nodes dont always return to the original size after an infection has cleared, some stay palpable for the rest of our lives. if size indicated cancer than most of us on this forum would have cancer. im not saying ignore them, it's always good to be proactive about your health and stay on top of things, but the only person who knows best is your doctor so always take his word for it over people on the internet. I've has these palpable nodes on both sides of my neck i discovered coming up on a year now who knows how long they've actually been palpable, but i have an ultrasound and cbc and both were normal, i will be seeing an ENT on tuesday and expect him to say the same as my doctors since my nodes havent changed in the last year as far as i know. stay positive, remember its more likely not to be cancer than it is to be cancer as statistics show.