PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out about recurrent lumps in mouth

yodascat
22-09-17, 08:04
So I've posted several times on this forum about how I've had lumps in my mouth, which sometimes got larger after meals and would get really big and sometimes disappear the day after or even persist for a few days before decreasing in size or disappearing.

I went to an ENT who looked at it and said that it looked benign but he tried to remove it anyway (on the day of the surgery, it wasn't even there so he tried to get the general area).

It's come back and with another lump and has been coming and going.

Yesterday I got a bigger inflamed lumps on the roof of my mouth and it feels a little painful (maybe because I've been prodding a lot with my tongue).

Just worried this is cancer or something? I'm in my early 20s and haven't had any risk factors so I'm freaking out :(

Midnight-mouse
22-09-17, 13:36
So I've posted several times on this forum about how I've had lumps in my mouth, which sometimes got larger after meals and would get really big and sometimes disappear the day after or even persist for a few days before decreasing in size or disappearing.

I went to an ENT who looked at it and said that it looked benign but he tried to remove it anyway (on the day of the surgery, it wasn't even there so he tried to get the general area).

It's come back and with another lump and has been coming and going.

Yesterday I got a bigger inflamed lumps on the roof of my mouth and it feels a little painful (maybe because I've been prodding a lot with my tongue).

Just worried this is cancer or something? I'm in my early 20s and haven't had any risk factors so I'm freaking out :(

Cancer doesn't come and go, if it was there it would always be there. I'm sorry I don't have any other ideas in this though I haven't personally had anything like this other than allergic reactions and ulcers in my mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk