PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds Hurracaine

stressedanxious
22-09-17, 14:11
I just ordered McDonald’s breakfast, and I ate it.
Well now I’m scared that I’ll get food poisoning .

Why? Because there was a hurracaine here and they lost power for 3 days, so I’m scared they accidentally served me old rotten food.
I ordered steak egg cheese bagel and hash brown .

I’m really worried now. Does anyone know when I would get sick if I got food poisoning ?

MyNameIsTerry
22-09-17, 14:16
Food safety standards protect you from this. Otherwise what would stop them selling you spoiled food any time? If they were so dodgy not to care they would be doing whenever they wanted.

The same with any supermarket, wholesaler or shop. Anything spoiled gets slung. All part of yearly wastage estimates.

If you ate a rotten egg I think you would have known at the time. Food poisoning would mean you feeling ill fairly soon, not that I remotely believe you will be getting it.

stressedanxious
22-09-17, 14:17
I know, I’m just scared they were being careless and maybe forgot to throw something out.
Anxiety sucks ! :(

Now I’m just waiting around and regret eating it. I really hate this.

ServerError
22-09-17, 14:19
You have nothing to worry about. If the hurricane had led to circumstances that made it unsafe to eat there, it wouldn't have been open. You are protected from this.

Sitting around and waiting for something that isn't going to happen is a complete waste of your time.

MyNameIsTerry
22-09-17, 14:23
Every time you eat anywhere but your own home you run the risk of someone serving you something that could be unsafe. We just have to trust in them adhering to food standards until we have evidence to the contrary. If food standards weren't in the mail protecting us we would have a massive public health issue so the odds are always well in our favour.

Getting sued by hundreds of people for deliberate food poisoning due to a hurricane would cost them far more than replacing the food.

Anxiety likes to plant it's seeds. Try to get on with your day and distract yourself. Too much thinking time can just keep it going if you haven't got to the stage of accepting & moving on with thoughts.

stressedanxious
22-09-17, 14:25
I’m so stressed out about this, I think I wanna have a beer or two.
My mind is literally messing with me right now.

It keeps playing different ideas in my head and it’s making me so fearful.

I wish I never ate damn Mcdonalds .

ServerError
22-09-17, 14:31
You can't change the past. So why dwell on it?

KK77
22-09-17, 14:32
I’m so stressed out about this, I think I wanna have a beer or two.
My mind is literally messing with me right now.

It keeps playing different ideas in my head and it’s making me so fearful.

I wish I never ate damn Mcdonalds .

I think you need help with your anxiety. The stress of recent events has left you traumatised. You can't carry on fearing everything you eat and touch.

Make an appointment with your GP ASAP.

stressedanxious
22-09-17, 14:43
Now I’m nervous and I feel like my stomach feels funny and I feel like that IBS type gas , I’m scared :(

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

I think you need help with your anxiety. The stress of recent events has left you traumatised. You can't carry on fearing everything you eat and touch.

Make an appointment with your GP ASAP.

It’s gonna take weeks to see a gp here. I’m scared .

Fishmanpa
22-09-17, 15:17
It's obvious you've been having a really rough patch by your recent posts S&A... As reassurance isn't helping, I'll just send positive thoughts that you get through the storm soon.

Positive thoughts

stressedanxious
22-09-17, 16:27
I’ve just had a lot of triggers these past couple of days. I have really bad OCD with my hypochondria so it just makes things a lot harder. Also my personal life I have things going on which also adds to the stress.

MyNameIsTerry
23-09-17, 02:12
If you had food poisoning you would know. Nausea ca come from anxiety but food poisoning will have your head and your bum round the u-bend in no time.