PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get better but now i have facial numbness

PanicJ
23-09-17, 00:59
I feel like anytime I start to feel like i could start getting better, something happens to throw me right back down the rabbit hole.

I am on day 5 of zoloft and I thought this would be a pretty good day. However, half way through the day, the right side of my face became numb. I feel it in my cheek, tongue, and lips and it's scaring the crap out of me. No face drooping or anything but I'm honestly convinced it's something like MS.

I am currently discontinuing the use of Ativan which i was taking regularly for 2 weeks. This is day 2 of not having any in my system.

Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen? It's been about 2 hours and I feel like it's not getting any better.

My longer term symptoms include shaking hands, muscle soreness, slightly blurred vision. I went to several docs and neuro. Had a brain MRI (not spine or back) which came back normal, and many blood tests. I have also been physically examined by several docs who say I look ok. Any reassurance would be amazing.

melfish
23-09-17, 01:03
I had strange things going on when I stopped a short course of Ativan. It sends your nervous system into overdrive

Dubmom
23-09-17, 02:05
Dealing with this right now. Started as a weird numb tingly feeling on the right side of my tongue. Progressed to the right side of my bottom lip and chin and moved up my jaw line only on the right. Chin has definite reduced sense of touch. I can tell when I wash/dry my face or put make up on. That has gotten better but still flares up. Jaw sore to touch lymph nodes sore but not enlarged. Soreness has passed. I googled myself into an absolute mess.

I bought a mouthguard because I realized I grind my teeth terribly. Since wearing that at home and at night, the tingling and numb feeling of my face has gotten a lot better. I think tension and anxiety had a lot to do with that too. It's so odd how things manifest themselves. I've been down some bad rabbit holes in the last 3 years and have never experienced facial numbness.

My tongue still feels weird. I have slightly low b12 so I started a supplement for that. I'm also post menopausal (at 31 😳) so burning mouth syndrome (harmless just annoying) is totally possible too.

Try to find a way to relax and stop worrying over it and it will likely subside. It took mine a few days to go away. And it comes right back every time I fret over it. Good luck!!

PanicJ
23-09-17, 02:14
Thank you for the responses. It really helps. It's been a very long few weeks for me. This place really helps.