PDA

View Full Version : Mixing up words or order of words

Elliejane44
23-09-17, 12:40
Hi

I have a new worry over the last week I seem to be saying mixing up words . For example I was asking someone at work "how are you getting on being back at work " and I said "back being "!

Shouting my kids for lunch when mean breakfast etc .

Saying does instead of goes ! Lots of stupid things like that . I realise as soon as I say it then feel a wave of panic washing over me .

I looked it up on google ! And came up with either a stroke , dementia or brain tumour ! Although some site did say it was common and worse when anxious.
I gave had a recent ms worry so that in my mind too !

I can feel anxious just now and almost like I scared to speak in case it keep happening . It like I trying too hard not to say something wrong

Can anyone relate and offer any advice or reassurance .

I hate this stupid health anxiety . I am seeing a counsellor for cbt and on week 5 but don't feel like I making progress .

I told my husband this morning and he just said you are being really silly now and this is worst one I have heard from you . He said he has not noticed anything wrong and that he forgets stuff lots more than I do (which is true ) and he not worried

I even did the online Alzheimer's tests twice today and no issues !

What next ??

Ellie

Darksky
23-09-17, 18:22
I do this and I don't worry about it. I simply think I talk too fast for my brain to keep up lol
I am forever being told I talk like machine gun fire.

ktdid2000
24-09-17, 02:21
I do this too and have also wondered about the brain tumor thing. Honestly, I think it's a permanent case of mom brain. I know what I'm trying to say, I just can't get the words to come out fast enough, especially when I'm flustered.