PDA

View Full Version : Is feeling weak an anxiety symptom?

scaredpt
23-09-17, 23:12
I have health anxiety and have been feeling really weak in my legs the past few days. I'm really scared of MS. Is feeling weakness a normal symptom of anxiety or is it neurological? I went to a GP last week and asked if I had a nuerological issue and she did a few physical tests and said I was fine but I'm worried because it wasn't an MRI, etc.

paranoid-viking
24-09-17, 00:03
Yes.

scaredpt
24-09-17, 00:37
my legs have been weak lately.

BrokenGirl
24-09-17, 00:43
Legs feeling weak, even jelly like, is a common anxiety symptom. I used to get it a lot......

cattia
24-09-17, 08:50
Yes, I get this a lot when I'm in panic mode, sometimes I feel like I'm going to fall over but I haven't yet.

scaredpt
24-09-17, 23:26
I'm also worried because I feel like my legs are feeling a lot more sore during workouts than they were a few months ago

kimwolf
25-09-17, 01:08
Yup, for me I just think to myself I never had this before I stared going crazy about my health then it most likely is a symptom of anxiety. I've had so many symptoms its like whenever I get a new one I'm like ughhhhhhh

Brunamateus
25-09-17, 11:36
Yap, very common, I would get very weak legs and weakness all over my body too

Chick100
25-09-17, 13:41
Hi.
It most certainly is. You probably feel like you are walking through treacle, try to imagine yourself floating on air instead.

I recommend self help books by Dr Claire Weeks to everyone. They were written in the 60īs but are the best things I own. She explains the anxiety state in a way we can all understand, along with how it affects us psychically, and offers ways to cope with everything anxiety throws at you. Its her suggestion to float not force , not mine. And it does work.:)