PDA

View Full Version : Worried I have CJD

Vigilante
24-09-17, 00:19
This worry has been ongoing now for at least 13 months, due to symptoms starting in Jan 2016 (21 months ago)

I have:

Visual Disturbances - Visual snow which this past week has got much much worse, so my vision looks like a white wash, also sensitive to light.

Twitching and Jerking - I have twitched many times in the past but I am now getting full on jolts while trying to sleep over and over, only Clonazepam seems to help this.

I have had 2 brain CT scans and 1 MRI brain and Orbits with and without contrast but no abnormalities found and many eye exams also with no abnormalities found.

Guess my question is, is this me causing these issues with anxiety and would I be dead if it was cjd given the time scale? or would it show on my mri scan?

very anxious tonight :(

Midnight-mouse
24-09-17, 09:43
This worry has been ongoing now for at least 13 months, due to symptoms starting in Jan 2016 (21 months ago)

I have:

Visual Disturbances - Visual snow which this past week has got much much worse, so my vision looks like a white wash, also sensitive to light.

Twitching and Jerking - I have twitched many times in the past but I am now getting full on jolts while trying to sleep over and over, only Clonazepam seems to help this.

I have had 2 brain CT scans and 1 MRI brain and Orbits with and without contrast but no abnormalities found and many eye exams also with no abnormalities found.

Guess my question is, is this me causing these issues with anxiety and would I be dead if it was cjd given the time scale? or would it show on my mri scan?

very anxious tonight :(

What did the doctors say when they went over the results with you? If nothing can be found medically, then you have to consider other possibilities. This doesn't make your symptoms any less real I understand that but if you have been cleared by doctors then there is a very good chance that you are bringing these things on yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
24-09-17, 15:45
Based on clear tests, no. This is one of those fears a kin to rabies and ALS.... Hopefully you can find a way to get past it.

Positive thoughts

emanticoff73
24-09-17, 15:51
What is cjd? Or should I even ask

Fishmanpa
24-09-17, 16:12
What is cjd? Or should I even ask

Sadly, this is a negative of the forum. Threads like this inevitably trigger a few folks. I'm just waiting for more CJD threads to pop up ;) You should have seen the boards during the ebola outbreak!

Positive thoughts