PDA

View Full Version : Ibuprofen causing anxiety/panic?

LiveAboveIt
24-09-17, 01:05
I've been taking Ibuprofen for about 5 days and I've noticed that my anxiety has been ramping each day. Before the Ibuprofen, I had very little and haven't really struggled with in it for months. I had essentially beaten my anxiety.

But then at about Day 4, I noticed myself have a physical panic attack, which I have ever only had when medication was involved. Back when I was going through Effexor withdrawal. So, I decided to discontinue use yesterday and have noticed that feeling of "chemical anxiety" in me. My mind is clear and I have no fears, nor am I instigating or feeding, but I feel adrenaline rushing and my chest tightening on it's own.

I've never had any of these symptoms, nor issues with a panic disorder. The only thing I can attribute to is the constant Ibuprofen intake for pain relief.

AntsyVee
24-09-17, 01:08
Ibuprofen is not known to cause this in people, nor is it known to cause any chemical dependence. I honestly believe it's just your anxiety getting to you.

Why were you on Effexor if you've never had any of these issues before? Depression? Unfortunately, anxiety is just the flip side of the depression coin.