PDA

View Full Version : Would pancreatic cancer show up on a routine blood test?

Leah88
24-09-17, 12:16
I've had pale poo, pain behind stomach going into back and sour taste in mouth. Having worst panic attack I've had in ages.

MissRobron
24-09-17, 12:54
No you would have to have an ultrasound.

Do you have jaundice

Leah88
24-09-17, 13:03
I'm not sure

CHELLEB1017
24-09-17, 13:14
My turn to help you! From what I know you would be very ill and in most cancers blood tests would be off which would further a more detailed look into what is going on.

swajj
24-09-17, 13:18
Not necessarily.

But you don't have it.

Leah88
24-09-17, 13:20
So do you think there'd be an abnormal reading which would require more tests?
Do other people have pale poo?

MissRobron
24-09-17, 13:24
I'm not sure

Is your skin yellow

Based on the symptoms you have said it's highly unlikely you have that.

swajj
24-09-17, 13:33
Most people with HA come to fear they have pancreatic cancer. Pale bowel movements mean nothing. You don't have PC. Stop torturing yourself.

paranoid-viking
24-09-17, 14:23
I've had pale poo, pain behind stomach going into back and sour taste in mouth. Having worst panic attack I've had in ages.

Hold on - what do you mean with pale? Is it light brown or just pale? Is it floating or normal shape?

The blood tests for the pancreas are those measuring the lipase and amalyze levels. If these shows abnormalities you will be sent for further testing.

Leah88
24-09-17, 22:44
Well I had a blood test due to abdominal pain and the lipase were fine but that only shows acute attacks not chronic pancreatic problems I think. I'm linking pancreatic problems to my fear of genetic mutations on the genome. Anyway sorry to fill up the forum all the time.

paranoid-viking
24-09-17, 23:10
Well I had a blood test due to abdominal pain and the lipase were fine but that only shows acute attacks not chronic pancreatic problems I think. I'm linking pancreatic problems to my fear of genetic mutations on the genome. Anyway sorry to fill up the forum all the time.

Now I am not with you here. Did they suggest it could be acute pancreatitis?

No dont worry to post your worries. That is what we are here for.