PDA

View Full Version : Dark mole HELP

CHELLEB1017
24-09-17, 12:43
Hey guys I'm back! Ugh!! My whole weekend has been shot after I just had a great month anxiety free! So I have been monitoring a mole on my arm that has always been a very dark dark brown looks black unless you are in light. The Redon I monitor it is just based on color. It is perfectly round and maybe 2-3mm. No where near a pencil eraser. Anyways I have a picture from last October and it seems like it may have grown a little maybe a mm if that. I am freaking out that I have melanoma and have had it a year! Ugh help! Would it change fast?? I put a pic of what it looks like so you guys can see. Anyone else have a dark mole?

Leah88
24-09-17, 12:50
No... I've seen lots of melanomas. This is a mole.

CHELLEB1017
24-09-17, 13:15
Can normal moles have a slight change and be normal? This just scares me due to the coloring being very dark. Nothing else about it is alarming just the deep dark brown color.

KK77
24-09-17, 13:18
Can normal moles have a slight change and be normal? This just scares me due to the coloring being very dark. Nothing else about it is alarming just the deep dark brown color.

Looks totally normal to me. I have a few like that on arm and slight changes in size do happen. Does not mean melanoma.

Your GP can always check any new moles periodically to reassure you as we are not doctors here.

CHELLEB1017
24-09-17, 13:43
Thanks guys! Just bumping this again so people can take a look at the photo and tell me if they have anything similar or if it does indeed look concerning.

Mrs overthinker
24-09-17, 14:27
Hi hun first of all I'm going thro the same thing as you and off to the docs next week (more because it feels hard like a spot) I have also had mine a year so completely understand the panic you feel! (Read mynlast thread)

Dr Google is evil but what I have read is melaona grows fast. The pic dosnt look the size that it needs to worry about but put your mind to rest and get it checked.

Please let me know how you get on as I know how your feeling xx remember moles can do hundreds of different thing's and be completely normal x

CHELLEB1017
24-09-17, 15:26
Thanks lady! I hope your appointment goes well! I'm sure it will. I have also read it grows fast and I have been watching this since October of last year and it's pretty much the same maybe slightly bigger but no more than a mm. Anyone else please take a look and tell me what you think!

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Sorry to be blowing this feed up I am just so upset! Can anyone else take a look? Does it look okay? Please help I am so worried!

Fishmanpa
24-09-17, 15:59
Nope... not gonna look :lac: I'll take the word of others that have and assume this is just another fear that's taken hold of you due to the illness you do have...

Hope this fear passes soon for you!

Positive thoughts

CHELLEB1017
24-09-17, 16:03
I knew you wouldn't look Fish! I wish I was mentally strong like you! I do see a therapist in October for postnatal anxiety and honestly can't wait I do so good for weeks and fall back into a few days of torment! Ugh damn anxiety!

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Also please other members who know anything about mole changes or have something similar please please take a look and let me know what you think! Thanks in advance guys!

Mrs overthinker
24-09-17, 16:46
I feel like we are in the same position hun... you sound very much like me, once somethings in yoir head that's it it take over and you can't shake it!

Thank you im praying the appointment is just going to be reassurance and i am just over reacting BUT until then I feel like hiding in my hole.

It's Dr Google that dosnt help! But if it's still playing on your mind then please go and get it checked so you can relax.

Even if I get the ok on my mole on Tuesday I'm still going to book in to a skin clinic and get ALL of mine checked because I know for a fact I'm going to be looking at them all and start getting worried xx

CHELLEB1017
24-09-17, 21:00
Right?! If it's in my head it's so hard to think logically! Looking at it which I have done oh a million times I half the time say omg get a grip yes it's darker than your other moles but has always been and is not changing rapidly! But the other half my stomach hurts and my chest gets heavy and I see it as this huge dark monster!! Can some moles just be dark without being the dreaded melanoma?!

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Does it look alarming to you?

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

Can anyone else please take a look? Trying to get ready for a party and just feel sick!

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

Just bumping so any other mole worriers or people with knowledge on moles can take a look!

KK77
24-09-17, 21:11
Trying to get ready for a party and just feel sick!
!

Go to your party Chelleb...

Your mole is normal!

Mrs overthinker
24-09-17, 21:30
I have a TON of dark moles hun and have had them over 25 years some of them... and I'm still walking around.

If there's not been much change in it then it's a normal mole.

Enjoy your party hun

BrokenGirl
24-09-17, 21:37
I just had a look at it - I would put money on it that it's not melanoma. Looks perfectly normal.
I went through a melanoma fear about a year ago. Had a mole on my leg. Bigger than yours. The last time i measured it , it was about 8mm diameter.
I had it for a good few years, was always very dark, nearly black. Then it suddenly started to change. Within a couple of months it was black, dark brown, light brown and red. And also had an irregular border. I was getting sick with worry. So many pictures of melanoma I saw on the internet were exactly like it. So I had it taken off, it was biopsied and guess what ....... benign.
I swore after that I'd never worry about melanoma again because good old Dr Google had me misdiagnosed (again).
Your mole looks like a perfectly normal healthy mole to me.
Lets just say I wouldn't be one bit worried if it was on my arm :winks:

CleverLittleViper
24-09-17, 22:33
Looks perfectly normal to me.

Yes, moles can and do change occasionally, but if you, like so many of us do, believe everything that you read on Dr Google, you'll think every single change is a sign of melanoma.

Your mole is small, evenly coloured, regular borders and symmetrical. It bears absolutely zero of the hallmarks you would expect from melanoma. Melanoma is very rare, and I've read that when it does show up, it is very obvious that something is wrong.

CHELLEB1017
25-09-17, 02:55
Thanks everyone! I seriously hate moles! Especially this one! It's the darkest on my body!

---------- Post added 25-09-17 at 01:55 ---------- Previous post was 24-09-17 at 23:31 ----------

Anyone else have any experience with moles that could look at mine and tell me what ya think please :unsure:

CHELLEB1017
25-09-17, 17:04
so seen derm and she said under her scope it had some darker spots but that it is very small and if anything it may come back mildly atypical and she could remove it if I wanted. I had her remove it and now I'm freaking out �� I'm so scared. Why do some derms just say nope your good doesn't need to be removed?! I wish I had that kind!

ShaunRyder
25-09-17, 17:50
Look at the pic I see nothing that you should be worried about.

CHELLEB1017
25-09-17, 20:01
Then why wouldn't she say no need to remove it? Her words were if you want I can remove it for you for piece of mind. She then said looking at it nothing alarms her. I asked what it looked like under the scope and she said it did have some darker areas but that it's so tiny that I if anything it would come back mildly atypical. I am so sick to my stomach! I hate biopsies! I'm so scared!

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

I know you guys are all gonna hate me cuz I'm blowing this forum up. But would a derm tell you if she was concerned? She did give me the option to remove it and also said IF anything it may come back mildly atypical and if it does she could go in remove the rest and it's done. But would they say if they thought otherwise?? Do they just tell you things so you don't worry more? As if that's possible anyways! Would she have given me the option or do they tell you it needs to come offif it's concerning? She said nothing about it alarmed her but do they say if it does? I'm sorry guys I'm just so scared!

CHELLEB1017
26-09-17, 00:16
I am spiraling here guys! Please talk some sense in me! I don't know how I'll be able to work until I get the results back! I am shaking in fear.

Ellient
26-09-17, 04:22
Are you actually asking if they would tell you if they thought it was cancerous or not? It is a tiny mole, I have exactly the same one on my neck, I don't worry about it, it is tiny, raised and the colour of a normal mole. I don't get why you're looking for reassurance online, what if someone came back and said ''yeah it looks cancerous'' they aren't going to and you know it.

CHELLEB1017
26-09-17, 13:27
No I'm asking if a derm would say it looks okay if it doesn't so I don't worry. I try to trust doctors but I am just scared that she told me it didnt look alarming to her and that if anything the biopsy may come back mildly atypical. It is I guess what you could say an ugly duckling mole as it is my darkest. But yes initially I was asking if people could take a look at my pic for their opinion.

Fishmanpa
26-09-17, 22:50
I'm asking if a derm would say it looks okay if it doesn't so I don't worry.

So you're asking if a doctor would lie to you to keep you from worrying after she told you she didn't see anything out of the ordinary and she'd remove it to keep you from worrying. Sorry, but you're spiraling pretty bad here. That question doesn't even warrant an answer tbh :lac:

Hope you feel better soon. I have a "Told ya so" all ready for the clear results.

Positive thoughts

CHELLEB1017
27-09-17, 02:40
Ugh I know fish! I hate this so much!

CHELLEB1017
27-09-17, 15:45
So my anxiety is still sky freaking high! Doom is just consuming me. My stomach is in knots, I can barely sleep, I am such a mess. Luckily on the outside I hold it together well. But inside I am crumbling in fear! How long do you think a mole biopsy takes?

CHELLEB1017
27-09-17, 22:18
My mole came back atypical and I was told we can watch it or remove it. What should I do? Does this mean it will turn to cancer?

Ellient
27-09-17, 22:49
A typical is a noncancerous mole.
If it's worrying you that much get it removed otherwise they will watch it for changes. I don't see what you're worrying about it isn't cancer and you have two very reliable options on what to do.

Fishmanpa
27-09-17, 23:02
My mole came back atypical and I was told we can watch it or remove it. What should I do? Does this mean it will turn to cancer?

In your case, even though this is not something to be concerned with, I would advise to just have it removed. Otherwise, based on what I've read concerning your anxiety, you would just be focused on it. There's something to be said about "Out of sight, out of mind."

Positive thoughts

CHELLEB1017
28-09-17, 14:50
Thanks Fish!
I am having the rest removed Weds morning so I dont have to even think about it!