PDA

View Full Version : Please help, read something and I'm having a nervous breakdown.

emanticoff73
24-09-17, 13:33
I have been having wide spread muscle pain , joint pain in fingers, wrists, and just muscle fatigue. Last night I had the myoclonic jerks like mad and even the shakes like tremors all over. Last night I foolishly read neuromuscular diseases have widespread twitching, then muscle cramps and pain. Omg this is what I have. I thought with ALS YOU DON'T FEEL PAIN. OR AM WRONG?OR IS THAT JUST ALS AND NOT OTHDR MUSCULAR DISEASES. I HAVE TWITCHES EVERYWHERE EVEN IN MY FACE. I AM IN THE STORE WALKING AROUND CRYING THAT IM DYING . I have no meds to help me calm down. This is the worst feeling ever. Can't take in a good breathe. I can't take this anymore. Every ache or twinge sends me in to a panic. I need help so bad and I am in limbo waiting for a therapy appt. I'm scared I might be the one person on no more panic to be diagnosed with something bad!

swajj
24-09-17, 13:35
Get a referral to a psych.

emanticoff73
24-09-17, 13:43
I'm waiting for my insurance company to send me the list of docs they cover. I'm in limbo for now. Please don't treat me like some nut job. I'm suffering really bad. I'm off all meds and need something to calm down. It's hell. Feeling all these body PAINS and jerks it send me in to a panic. Believe me in trying really hard.

Midnight-mouse
24-09-17, 13:58
I'm waiting for my insurance company to send me the list of docs they cover. I'm in limbo for now. Please don't treat me like some nut job. I'm suffering really bad. I'm off all meds and need something to calm down. It's hell. Feeling all these body PAINS and jerks it send me in to a panic. Believe me in trying really hard.

I can see your trying hard here, you need to take a moment for yourself and try and slow your breathing and focus your mind I know it feels impossible. Your spiralling and panicking and believe me I know that feeling very well but you can get a hold of it.

Have you been seen by a doctor about the pain and twitching? I understand your very scared right now and I have been in that position many times myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emanticoff73
24-09-17, 15:28
Went to the neurologist about twitching but didn't really mention pain. She gave me a nuerological exam and said the jerking and twitching was benign. NO NERVE STUDY EITHER. I was very nervous that day, cried too. She said the BLOODWORK I had a,week before in cardiologist office was all normal and my exam with her was normal, so that was it. But I have joint pain in my hand wrists and fingers. No twitching in arms or hands. Fingers move a bit when I hold them out and spread them apart. I showed her that and she said no worries. I have muscle pain and fatigue in my legs feet and arms. I am hyper aware if my body so it sends me in to a panic. Numbness and weakness is a bad thing but I didn't know pain was too. I read pain and spasms could be a nuero disease. I also read pain could be from joints not being able to hold up dying muscle. I'm SO CONFUSED. IS MY JOINT PAIN FROM DYING MUSCLE. AND IS MY MUSCLE PAIN AND FATIGUE DYING MUSCLES? I WISH I NEVER READ ANYTHING OR KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT NUEROLOGICAL DISEASES. MY FEAR HAS ALWAYS BEEN CANCER. BUT THIS STUFF IS MORE FRIGHTENING
DOES NUEROLOGICAL DISORDER OR DISEASE ALWAYS MEAN CERTAIN DEATH? CAN PEOPLE LIVE WITH A NUEROLOGICAL DISORDER?

Fishmanpa
24-09-17, 16:09
Please don't treat me like some nut job.

Nobody is and to imply that is insulting really. I'm not doubting you have symptoms and pain but medically, you're fine based on the tests and doctor's opinions. You could continue to chase a diagnosis but as with 99.999% of cases here, that diagnosis never comes.

Just the fact you're posting on the forum proves that at least a part of this is mental. Again, I'm not doubting you have symptoms and pain but many here complain of the similar things and have similar clear test results.

I feel like a truck ran over me most days but it's not some rare deadly illness nor does the thought ever cross my mind. It's age, arthritis, side effects from my illnesses and treatment etc. So pain meds, heat, OTC joint remedies are a way of life for me now. It is what it is and I do my best not to allow it to affect my quality of life.

I hope you get to the bottom of whatever it is causing it and you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

emanticoff73
24-09-17, 17:24
Thank you fishmanpa. Always the voice of reason. There's never a gray area for me. Always black and white. Pain is disease in my mind. I never new what als or any nuerological disease was until I joined this site. I originally came here in fear of a brain tumor for that was started this spiral down. Never knew what a twitch was. I was lifting very heavy wooden bar stools with my thumb and index finger a few times. Hoping that's what the joint pain in the fingers and arms are. I stopped doing that 2 weeks ago. Could pain still be there from that. SHOULDERS, ARMS, WRISTS AND FINGERS HURT ON BOTH SIDES THE SAME. Then there's leg and feet pain and fatigue. I'm 44 so I guess I should expect pain but this is NEW PAIN AND THAT IS NEVER A GOOD THING WITH HEALTH ANXIETY. FEELS LIKE I HAVE THE FLU. THEN I GET PAINS IN MY ARMS LIKE I'M GETTING A FLU SHOT. WEIRD. THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS.

CleverLittleViper
24-09-17, 23:01
Trust the doctors.

Someone with a neurological disease, especially one as severe as ALS, would not have been able to pass a neurological exam. You did. You do not have a neurological disease.

Anxiety can cause all of the symptoms that you describe, and I think, on some level, you know this is anxiety. If not, you wouldn't be posting here. You need to start putting your focus onto treating your anxiety, and less/no focus on these incredibly rare diseases. That's the only way you will get better.