PDA

View Full Version : Broken toe?

Brian_VA
24-09-17, 21:08
About 7 hours ago I jammed my big toe walking up the steps in my house. Hurt pretty bad. There is no swelling, its not bruised but it does hurt to walk on it. It only hurts when I put pressure on it. Am I just obsessing?

nomorepanic
24-09-17, 22:35
I have broken a toe but in the UK they don't do much about it to be honest.

You could try strapping it to the one next to it for support.

Why are you worried about it though?

Darksky
24-09-17, 22:49
I've broken the same toe twice in quick succession. Can't remember how I did it the first time but I pretty much ignored it because they don't do a lot with broken toes, just let them heal. Then a couple of months later I hit the same toe on the corner of the dressing table. I even heard it crack. Clumsy or what? So I had to start the healing again. But it was fine. There's not a lot you can do except strap it to the next one but I didn't even bother with that.

Brian_VA
24-09-17, 22:55
Thanks. I think it's ok, it was like 8 hours ago and it's not swollen or anything. I actually went for a 3 mile run about an hour after I did it and it felt ok. It's only sore when I put pressure on it. I think I just got stuck in a anxiety obsession. I remember once I slammed my toe on the stairs just like today and the joint turned purple. I didn't think twice about it. That was before my HA really got the best of me.