PDA

View Full Version : One hard immovable lymph node, several softer ones. I'm terrifed please

Tinttu
25-09-17, 11:41
For a little over half a year I've had more lymph nodes gradually pop up. They are small enough to not be seen but can be felt. One that I am especially worried about is in my groin as it is hard and fixed in place when the others move when pressed.

My blood has come back clear and I had an ultrasound on the lymph node that I was worried about and was told it was reactive. But then I was stupid and googled some more and everyone says hard and fixed nodes mean cancer and ultrasound is not reliable. Now I'm terrified I have lymphoma and can't sleep or eat and I also have fever which makes me think it's the lymphoma. Why else would more and more nodes pop up? (In my mind)

Please help, have any of you gotten similar situation? I mean especially the hard lymph nodes but also them gradually popping up more and more

CHELLEB1017
25-09-17, 11:50
I have two hard ones in my neck and had a ultrasound and seen an ent and they are normal! My body temp goes up when stressing and anxious! With an ultrasound and clear bloods I'd say you are fine!

Tinttu
25-09-17, 12:03
Thank you for your reply! How long have you had them? Do they not move or hurt at all? I hate Google so much right now but cannot stop panicking... my sister is having a baby and I should be so happy becoming an aunt for the first time but all I do is cry and worry over this.

CHELLEB1017
25-09-17, 12:22
Thank you for your reply! How long have you had them? Do they not move or hurt at all? I hate Google so much right now but cannot stop panicking... my sister is having a baby and I should be so happy becoming an aunt for the first time but all I do is cry and worry over this.

Congrats!! Mine have been here about 6 months! They don't move and they don't hurt! Still are the same size and feel the same!

Fishmanpa
25-09-17, 13:06
Yes, a hard immovable node can indicate an issue BUT remember...

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Your post indicates a lot of poking and prodding going on (more than a year and a half I assume ;)). Also remember, constant poking and prodding can irritate and cause a node to swell. Too much P&P will make it shotty (permanently hard and enlarged).

There was a member here that poked and prodded so much that a node in his groin became that way. Despite dozens of tests and doctors telling him otherwise, he couldn't shake the fear (never really tried either IMO). He eventually found a doctor that did an invasive procedure and removed the node. IT WAS BENIGN! He STILL didn't believe it!! So why do you believe you keep finding nodes "popping up"? :winks:

There are many who would be jumping for joy to get test results that show nothing sinister is going on. Treat the real issue here...

Positive thoughts

eviekayahxx
25-09-17, 13:20
I know exactly how you feel! I've got severe health anxiety, I'm 19 and currently convinced I've got oral cancer 😩 It's horrible. I have one lymph node on one side of my neck, and I was worried about it like you but I've been to see a nurse and a doctor and they say it's normal. I know reassurance isn't very helpful though! Wish you luck x

Tinttu
25-09-17, 13:24
Fishmanpa, I actually found it the way it was, forgot it for a while and now started panicking about it again. And I know most cancerous nodes would grow large but Dr. Google has told me that follicular lymphoma can be very slow and the nodes actually can even get smaller and then swell again. And it's only been half a year, not year and a half. I understand that after your cancer (I've read some of your posts) these fears seem ridiculous to you and they probably are which is why I write here, to seek others who have had hard fixed lymph nodes for no reason and are fine :(

CHELLEB1017, thank you for replying! It really soothes me to hear about others who had the same feel in their nodes

Fishmanpa
25-09-17, 15:28
Fishmanpa, I actually found it the way it was, forgot it for a while and now started panicking about it again. And I know most cancerous nodes would grow large but Dr. Google has told me that follicular lymphoma can be very slow and the nodes actually can even get smaller and then swell again. And it's only been half a year, not year and a half. I understand that after your cancer (I've read some of your posts) these fears seem ridiculous to you and they probably are which is why I write here, to seek others who have had hard fixed lymph nodes for no reason and are fine :(

I understand the reassurance cycle well... been seeing it here for years. That being said, it's temporary and only perpetuates your illness. The key is to get to the point where you can read some of my replies in your head, accept it on your own and avoid the reassurance seeking in the future ;)

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

Dubmom
25-09-17, 17:03
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Fish, I would just like to say that this quote helps me SO MUCH. Whenever I catch myself teetering at the deep end, I think of this and repeat it to myself. Thank you!

Fishmanpa
25-09-17, 18:08
Fish, I would just like to say that this quote helps me SO MUCH. Whenever I catch myself teetering at the deep end, I think of this and repeat it to myself. Thank you!

I'm truly glad it helps! :)

Positive thoughts

Velociraptor
27-09-17, 21:41
I'm truly glad it helps! :)

Positive thoughts

Fish, I'd like to second Dubmom's comment here..

I also have thought about this quote, and been helped a lot by it.
You really do put a shift in on this forum, and would like to thank you for that.
I am sure lots of others are also very grateful for your efforts.

Take care :)

jordanbdailey
08-10-17, 18:35
Did anything happen with your lymph nodes? It would be great if you could provide an update!

Thelegend27
09-10-17, 07:34
Those nodes may be palpable forever so you have to learn to live with it as long as you get the ok from your doctor. alot of us on here have palpable nodes especially in the neck and groin region, and just like you we have worried ourselfs silly aswell. i've had ultrasound and cbc just like you and was told i am fine but i continued to worry in fact i still worry just not as much and its coming up on a year since i started this journey. i can't tell you how to get rid of the anxiety but i can assure you that you are not alone i see countless threads on lymph nodes, and the reason for this is everyone gets palpable nodes and a large majority of those people will have palpable nodes for the rest of their lives but unlike you and me they don't even notice them because it's not a fear that they have brought onto themselves. if you're truly concerned try to see an ent or oncologist i hope i spelled that right, this way you can give yourself some peace in mind.