PDA

View Full Version : Iron infusion ( very scared)

mandshere2012
25-09-17, 12:58
Hi everyone, this is my first post after not being active on here for over a year....( due to caring for my diasabled son) anyway I'm glad to be back and just wondering if there's anyone out there who could offer me advice on having a iron infusion....been told by gp I'm severely anemic( my levels are down to 4)
I'm due to have a iron transfusion called Ferinject at 9 am in the morning and I'm terrified after reading the potential side effects ( had a iodine infusion for a kidney scan 5 yrs ago and had awful reaction resulting in me suffering with depersonalisation/ derealisation that last for over a year :ohmy::weep:found out after I should never of had iodine as I have hypothyroid and the iodine sent my thyroid overactive...told the gp how scared I am and she advised to speak to the nurse at the hospital, have done this and found her most unhelpful :weep:weep: not saying anything to put my mind at rest after explaining to her my fears and past experience only to keep telling me its up to me if I have it or not.
Just hoping there's someone out their that's had this done and can help.
Thanks
Manda xx

venusbluejeans
25-09-17, 13:06
Hiya mandshere2012 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: