PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal Symptoms

zacman777
25-09-17, 18:06
So I’m just looking for a little bit of reassurance. I had been on Sertraline on and off for about 9 years, and was unsuccessful coming off of the medicine before. I have been off of Sertraline since June 25, so exactly three months now and I’m having one heck of a day. I wanted to know if anyone had similar experiences. Today I have been very slightly, slightly light headed like all day. I feel as though it has caused me to be on edge all day and any little change in physical feelings sets me up a bit more. I keep telling myself it is anxiety and that I need to let it move through me, but that light headedness doesn’t seem to go away, which again gets me a bit nervous. Does anybody know if this is too long for this to be my body still gettig used to being off the Sertraline or could this still be withdrawal symptoms tearing their ugly head? My brain goes back and forth between the two, thinking it is withdrawal and I had to muscle my way through and then also thinking that it’s been three months and this couldn’t still be withdrawal and there has to be something else making me feel light headed. I guess I’m hoping it is the medicine at this point and that my body is still adjusting after 9 years, but that still stinks because it is so distracting from the wonderful things that are happening in life. I don’t want to go back on this medicine, I love that I can feel so many more things now! But this also feels like it is sooooo long of a period to go through all of this that I’m scared the Sertraline has changed my brain chemistry so much that I’ll need it if I don’t want to feel these light headed/headrush events daily for the rest of my life. I guess I’m just hoping that somebody can show me that there is indeed light at the end of this tunnel.