PDA

View Full Version : Scared of everything

Steampunk
25-09-17, 19:04
First time poster, many time lurker.

I only found out that Health Anxiety was a thing within the past few weeks whilst searching up symptoms funnily enough.

But i've just been getting worse and worse. I've always been super paranoid. But the past couple of months I've fallen into the trend of repeatedly searching symptoms which I shouldn't do.

I feel so pathetic, yet I just cant stop myself from panicking about every little thing.

I do have Anxiety and depression so this doesn't help with the additional probable health anxiety. I have therapy for my mental issues coming up so I'm definitely going to bring up the possible health anxiety and see if they can guide me out of this.

But like, I can get a pain in my head, could be a headache, probably is, could just be a random pain, but I immediately shoot to, must be a brain tumour or internal bleeding.

Random pain in a part of my body? Whatever organ nearest must be failing and I'm going to die.

That weird airy feeling you get right before you fall asleep that's completely natural? Nah must be me about to pass out because of other reasons.

I can't even sleep on a certain side without panicking about which side is the best side to sleep on for my health, I'll stay awake googling on my phone 'Can I sleep on my left side?' 'which side is best?'

I repeatedly find myself poking and prodding to make sure im still ticking. Usually I get paranoid about my head for some reason, ill find myself poking on each side to make sure one side isnt buldging out or something.

I remember a few months ago I had bloods done, everything came back normal except my cholesterol which was still on the 'satisfactory' scale. However this completely freaked me out and I completely switched my diet.
When I thought back however I was a little surprised that it wasnt worse, my diet was horrible, full frozen pizza every week, frozen meals, only veg was peas and that wasnt every day, ugh it was disgusting.

Got my bloods done a couple of weeks ago and cholesterol is back to normal so that's good, but now i've moved onto worrying about my bilirubin or something like that in my liver, which was in the satisfactory range but I'm still gonna now panic about that.

And then I constantly worry about my weight and how that will effect my health, I'm not overweight (I dont think?)
I'm just over 8stone and im 5ft 4. Yet I'm constantly worrying if I eat a piece of cake im gonna be 14 stone by the time I wake up. I have one meal a day and one snack, and I keep track of all of the nutritional info on a googlesheets doc.

I feel like im tiring myself out with all this panic and worry. And then I end up making myself feel like 'symptoms' are there or worse by thinking about it.

I cant even take my darn anxiety medication because of it. I managed one pill and was up all night trying not to throw up because I was so panicked about side effects.

Heck some of the 'problems' i have are probably caused by anxiety, like my head always seems to 'hurt' whenever I start remembering that it could hurt, etc.

Absolute madness. I'm just so panicked I have all these horrible things going on in my body and I can't shake the thoughts.

Leah88
26-09-17, 02:32
Hi there, it's a good thing to recognise that its anxiety and not a physical ailment. Everything you've mentioned has been experienced by everyone on here. I too obsess about diet. It is my control mechanism for my OCD. How old are you? Health anxiety seems to peak in the 20's. Did you have a recent trigger?

NervUs
26-09-17, 02:37
Everything you've mentioned has been experienced by everyone on here.

Yes! I can so relate. It's an exhausting way to live!

I am 46, btw, and didn't develop HA until I was 40! GUess I'm a late bloomer :yahoo:

Steampunk
27-09-17, 18:58
How old are you? Health anxiety seems to peak in the 20's. Did you have a recent trigger?

21 so I guess that's at the peak ha!
Not really. Whenever I remember that something can go wrong, i instantly fall into the pit. I can be having a 'good' day but as soon as I think 'Oh remember when my head hurt?' That's it.

It's like the thing when you think about something so much it'll happen, like itching or whatever, I make myself feel things because i overthink it all :')

Great how we get to deal with this huh!

Might be bad to say but in a way im 'glad' that everyone else here has had the same experiences. I know that must sound terrible but yknow what I mean? So I know im not 'crazy' it calms me a little to know we're all a little crazy instead of just me!

Bigboyuk
09-12-17, 16:46
Hi Steampunk Yeah now you know its HA what do you plan to do about it? As for your weight I would say you aren't over weight of what I used to be 15 stone some years back at 5' 8" and was quite ill couldn't breath properly etc and was very unhappy now I am 11 stone and feel much better within my self my username says it all I haven't changed my username as I want it to be a reminder of what I used to be :) ATB