PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia, panic, fast heart rate, sweating

Gaz1985
25-09-17, 23:13
Hi guys I am at my wits end. Since the middle of last week I have had insomnia, I have only slept about 2 hours each night so I feel shocking....tired & depressed, cannot eat properly. When I lay down at night my heart is racing all night & I am soaked with sweat. I have been to the walk in docs and they gave me propranolol which has slowed down the heart but I still cannot get to sleep easily, I have tossed and turned for days, most mornings I only get to sleep around 8am! I feel like going to the hospital. Will they give me something to make me sleep? I feel like staying in the hospital for a few days so I can get better & rest, will they allow me to do this?

Thanks Gareth.

katyfitz
25-09-17, 23:27
Sorry you are suffering so much Gareth. How are you feeling right now? Sometimes just talking to someone or doing something else for even five mins is helpful?

Gaz1985
25-09-17, 23:34
Hi thanks for the reply, I am sweating right now but not in bed, I'm sat watching tv in my living room. I am tired but scared to go to bed in case I am lay awake all night :weep: I feel so helpless. If I get another rough night should I go to the hospital tomorrow? not sure how long I can last with just a couple of hours sleep, I can't even walk properly anymore & my muscles ache through lack of rest.

ABE1981
25-09-17, 23:55
I was exactly the same as you are describing what your going through at this moment, are you taking any other meds beside the props? I simply couldnt get the anxiety under control myself at the time, and the doctor recommended I tried mirtazapine they help me through a really rough time, and helped me sleep. I guess it's better to hope to get through naturally but if your really struggling mate, there are options to think about to help you get better quicker. Your going through a rough patch so I'd definitely get into see your gp tomorrow, the sooner the better. Things will get better. Take care

Gaz1985
26-09-17, 00:11
Thanks, glad to know someone else has gone through it, this has made me feel a bit better. I think all this is to do with tackling problems with my mother's nuisance neighbours & losing my phone twice!....all of this has happened in the past couple of weeks. Surely my lack of not being able to relax is through all the worrying and stress building up. You mention tackling it naturally & someone suggested I could be Magnesium deficient as we lose lots of it when under a lot of stress. Magnesium apparently helps us relax. I would try anything to be honest. Anyway thanks for listening.

Gaz1985
26-09-17, 17:08
Just an update guys, I was taken to the hospital at 5am this morning in a police van after I said I would harm myself, I was so desperate & tired. I spent hours waiting in the hospital & they did some blood tests but found nothing. I then had a talk with a mental health nurse who said I have severe anxiety and I have got into a vicious circle of worrying when I go to bed, she even said I looked shattered. They did not give me any sleeping pills though. I came home late morning and managed to get a couple of hours sleep from mid day until 2pm, so I suppose that is better than nothing? I still feel tired of course. I just hope I can get some more sleep tonight.

Gareth.