PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Laura

laura84
12-06-07, 06:08
Hello all,
i'm Laura. I'm from Melbourne in Australia, I've been recently diagnosed with Panic disorder and major depression. I feel I may have some OCD symptoms as well!
I'm feeling a lot better though, thanks to the amazing support of my family and my lovely partner Matt, without him I wouldn't be able to write about this I would be at home tucked in bed crying and panicky.
I've just completed a degree in psychology and am about to start my postgraduate psychology degree in 2008. I think studying these disorders has helped immensely, knowledge is power and all that!
I have two beautiful dogs, we call them our baby substitutes and it's rather sad, who would've thought I'd become part of a doggy family, but they are divine, I'll try and post some pics of them here at some point.
I've already got some wonderful stories from you guys and am so appreciative of the people who've set these forums up because knowing I'm not alone is so wonderful and such a blessed relief!:)

manmoor
12-06-07, 07:14
Hi Laura,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

sarah1984
12-06-07, 11:55
Hello Laura and a big welcome to you,
I hope you find plenty of support and new friends here. Congratulations on completing your degree-I finish my BA in English lit next summer. I'm looking forward to seeing you doggy pics as I'm absolutely crazy about animals! Take care x

yorkylover
12-06-07, 13:00
Hi sarah and :welcome: Look forward to seeing your doggy pics.What sort of dogs do you have?I have a yorky and a newfoundland.:yesyes:

trac67
12-06-07, 14:53
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

PUGLETMUM
12-06-07, 15:06
hi laura,

i feel the same about knowing your not alone - just knowing helps doesnt it?

well done for doing so well with your studying, and yes i agree that knowledge is power. and lovely that youve got supportive and caring people in your life, i also have people who care but sometimes im a bit too demanding, and i complain alot which is very naughty coz its not their fault they dont understand!

also i have a daughter but i have two doggie babies too and if i knew anything about how to email photos i would but i cant seem to email 1 photo and my computer doesnt like it if i try to mail a whole file!

anyway good luck
emma

honeybee3939
12-06-07, 18:31
Hi Laura

Welcome to NMP its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

heths
12-06-07, 18:44
Welcome to the forum Laura :)

Heather x

Lindalou64
12-06-07, 18:48
hi laura and welcome,
sounds like you have great support which helps and you will find lots of support and info here also sounds like your already on ya way to recovering keep up the good work,best to ya.......linda xx

groovygranny
13-06-07, 15:19
Hello Laura, :welcome:to you!

Great you have support from your partner and family - and now you have it here also !!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Southern_Belle
13-06-07, 15:43
Hi Laura,

Welcome to NMP. Congratulations on your degree! You will find alot of people who feel like you and so much support from this site.

Laura :)

p.s.

Doggy families are lovely.

Pink Princess
16-06-07, 22:11
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

nomorepanic
17-06-07, 18:31
Hi Laura

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

sandlin
17-06-07, 22:52
welcome laura- this is a great find

Linda xx

summer1
18-06-07, 18:03
Hey Laura,

Welcome to the site! I've looked at doing a psychology course too, i think it helps with trying to understand the complexity of the human mind!! Best of luck with it:) x

laura84
21-06-07, 01:45
hi all,
thanks so much for the lovely warm welcome! I'm sure I'll be on here a lot, so i hope to talk to all of you soon. Thanks again!
Laura
PS my dogs are cavalier king charles! they sound much more pretentious than they are though!

michellemumof4
21-06-07, 10:01
Hi Laura

I too have a King Charles called Bailey ,, welcome aboard and hope so speak to you soon

Michelle

bottleblond
21-06-07, 10:23
Hi Laura,

Welcome to the site. It's a great site with lots and lots of lovely people, you'll get lots of help here and an equal amout of laughs :D

hope to speak soon
Lisa
:hugs:

Phill2
21-06-07, 11:34
Hi laura,
Welcome to the site .Not only will you find lots of help and support here but there's quite a few of us Aussies as well.
Since the kids left home we're a doggy family too ( a Shepherd and a Bull Arab) and they've been a greaty help and distraction to me.
Look forward to seeing pics of yours
Phill
Brisbane :shades:

funky chick
21-06-07, 12:36
Hi and welcome Laura, you will meet some lovely people on here and find it a lot of help im sure. love Gail xxxxx:hugs: