PDA

View Full Version : Stomach cancer phobia

pixietrixie
26-09-17, 23:08
Hey guys,

Am having a really bad time worrying about stomach cancer. I'm 27, female and suffer with ibs and gastritis.
I've had blood tests and stool samples taken and everything has come back fine and my gastritis isn't caused by H. Pylori which is good. I've been under a lot of stress lately and that does bring on my gastritis but it seems worse than ever the past 4 days and I'm really worried it could be stomach cancer. Just after Bit of reassurance really.

paranoid-viking
26-09-17, 23:28
Hey guys,

Am having a really bad time worrying about stomach cancer. I'm 27, female and suffer with ibs and gastritis.
I've had blood tests and stool samples taken and everything has come back fine and my gastritis isn't caused by H. Pylori which is good. I've been under a lot of stress lately and that does bring on my gastritis but it seems worse than ever the past 4 days and I'm really worried it could be stomach cancer. Just after Bit of reassurance really.

Well, the fact that you are young is the number one argument against the idea that you could have such a horryfyong disease. It is a cancer for much older people. It seems to me you have had the symptoms for a lont time right? I knew of one person who got stomach cancer last year, and it took just two or three months from the diagnosis to he died, but he was in his 60s. I am not sure he had symptoms by the time of diagnosis either.
As I have come to understand the symptoms of gastritis can be painful enough and put you down a lot. I would tell you not to worry too much about stomach cancer.