PDA

View Full Version : Family please help

chomer86
27-09-17, 21:10
Please read to the end i need your opinions xx
I have health issues which i have done for a few years, heart arrythmia, shortness of breath worse at night, wheezing, ankle swelling, drs cant seem to give me an answer yet. This in turn has lead to horrible anxiety and depression. I have the best husband ever, he is heaven sent. I have been putting off trying for a baby even though we both desperately want one due to my health fears and ongoing tests. Its been really hard for both my hubby and i. Everyone around us announcing pregnancies and their kids bdays etc and i feel stuck in this horrible place. Anyway.. i used to think my sister was my best friend. She is 6 years older than me and has 5 wonderful kids who i adore. She used to be nice to me but a few years back she had a massive change in character when my hubby managed to secure a new job, that would bring us a decent salary (we had always struggled before, and i lost my job due to being off sick so much) Well the very day i told her.. she said "oh great, i suppose your gonna try and buy a house now then, he has landed on cotton wool" it came as a massive shock as my hubby has always worked so hard and for little to no money and we had always said we'd love to buy a home one day, have kids etc. My sister and her hubby had always been on benefits but still had more money coming in than us. She basically fell out with us until her husband managed to get a job at the same place. I started talking to her again because she bans me from seeing my nieces and nephews when we fall out and it breaks my heart as im so close to them. My sister then kept telling us they were going to buy a house before us because they already have a deposit together. I made the mistake of opening up to her about my heartache of not havin kids yet and wondering if i ever will be able to as i feel so ill all the time and i had a missed miscarriage 5 years ago soon after we were newlyweds. My sister has told me that she thinks god gave her all the kids cuZ he knew she would make the best mom and thats why i miscarried. I told her the other day i'd been upset about not having kids and i messaged her saturday and she said i dont have time to talk to you some of us have kids... i said thats nice, i forgot your top mom and she came back with.. least i am a mom. :weep: she is so vile to me and says the most awful things to me. I cant take it anymore, on top of my health worries and feeling ill, and depression i cant take her putting me down on top. Ive told her i dont want to talk to her anymore. She isnt bothered, but of corse will ban me from seeing my nieces and nephews which breaks my heart.. but i feel so delicate lately i feel like i need to protect myself from her and protect my heart. Its hard enough trying to deal with each day without having her saying these things to me on top. I dont understand how a sister can be so mean. :weep: Do you think i have done the right thing to cut all ties with her now? Advice please. Sorry its so long, this is actually the short version lol. Xx

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Also, just to add she constantly tells me im ugly and picks on all my insecurities. She has a photo album of me filled with off guard horrible pictures she has taken of me. :shrug:
I dont claim to be perfect but i am a much nicer person than her, she has no friends. I would never dream of saying such awful things to anyone let alone a family member. I have gone above and beyond for her in the past and supported her in her darkest days, always tried to pick her up and be positive. Its been eye opening for sure and has actually broken my heart as i have lost a sister i once thought was a best friend, but i guess she never was. I could cope even if she didnt support me, its the awful things she says to me i cant cope with. :weep:

KK77
28-09-17, 14:41
From what you have said, your sister sounds like a very insecure and jealous woman. I know there is generally a healthy level of rivalry between siblings but this goes way beyond that, and for what it's worth, I think you have definitely made the right choice, hard and painful as it must feel right now.

Perhaps she will change in the future....but I don't think you deserve to be emotionally abused waiting for that to happen.

All the best.

Hollow
28-09-17, 22:08
Hi,

I agree with KK, you made the right decision in cutting ties with your sister. It seems like she was only pretending to be nice to you and showed her true colours after your husband got a good job. Often it's the ones closest to us that are our worst enemies, hiding in the grass like snakes, just waiting to strike.