PDA

View Full Version : Issue down below, one for the females

LAS
28-09-17, 07:34
Hi All, I am new to the site and anxiety really. I have been dealing with GAD for about 3 months, bad physical symptoms etc, which now seemed to have calmed down (not on any meds) and I thought I was on the road to recovery ! However, over the last 2 weeks, my brain seems to have got a bit lost with what to do with itself now the physical symptoms have gone and has decided to worry about every little niggle in my body. I dealt with all the physical symptoms of anxiety and accepted them as anxiety, but over the last week, I have this strange feeling down below, where I pee and surrounding area of on and off tingling and some very mild aching. I also get the occasional shooting sensation in my bladder area. I don't have any trouble when I urinate, so don't think it is an infection. Is this really just anxiety related.....? Anyone else had anything similar ?? It totally freaked me out and I got so panicky about it yesterday and I thought to myself, why !!?? I haven't slept at all well for the last week or so. anyone got any advice or reassurances !!??

Chick100
28-09-17, 07:45
Hi Las.

Only way to find out what this is is to go and see your doctor. I bet when you do, you will find its nothing more than a bout of cystitis and easily sorted.

Go on las, you can do it :)

LAS
28-09-17, 07:56
sorry didn't mention, doh, I went to the GP a couple of days ago and she asked me if I have any trouble when I pee, pain, burning etc and I said no and no more said ! still doesn't answer my tingling sensation question (which isn't herpes either!):shrug:

daisyflower
28-09-17, 07:58
I've had this off and on since January. The first time wasn't painful when I urinated, just sharp pains in my bladder an ache so badly that just standing up was hard. That was an uti. Since then I've had it in varying degrees and haven't had a uti. Sometimes it corresponds with spotting and it always goes away for a while after my period, coming back mid cycle. The doctors said it was hormonal and anxiety. After 6 months of it, I eventually went for a pelvic scan (massive deal to me as I have a phobia of doctors and tests) and that was clear.
With anxiety, you may be tensing up that area which causes pain. Try to push out a little when you are relaxing.
If you don't think it calls for the doctors yet, have you tried drinking a lot of water to flush everything out, just incase?

LAS
28-09-17, 07:59
I am thinking now, as I have lost loads of weight since the GAD came on big time (only a size 12 before!), may be I am just noticing these symptoms more, as less meat to cushion me !!

EKB
28-09-17, 08:14
Might be worth seeing a gynaecologist. Anxiety and stress can cause things like pelvic floor tension which can lead to all sorts of pain. They would have some good advice for you if that's what it is, and are better equipped than your GP to figure out what's going on. In the meantime there are all sorts of breathing exercises and gentle stretches you can do to relax and maybe help relieve your discomfort. Good luck!

Brunamateus
28-09-17, 13:25
Don't worry, our body sometimes does weird stuff like that with no particular cause, if you notice the pain is getting worse or any trouble urinating than yes, go see a doctor, besides that I wouldn't worry much :)

budgie1979
28-09-17, 16:05
Hi All, I am new to the site and anxiety really. I have been dealing with GAD for about 3 months, bad physical symptoms etc, which now seemed to have calmed down (not on any meds) and I thought I was on the road to recovery ! However, over the last 2 weeks, my brain seems to have got a bit lost with what to do with itself now the physical symptoms have gone and has decided to worry about every little niggle in my body. I dealt with all the physical symptoms of anxiety and accepted them as anxiety, but over the last week, I have this strange feeling down below, where I pee and surrounding area of on and off tingling and some very mild aching. I also get the occasional shooting sensation in my bladder area. I don't have any trouble when I urinate, so don't think it is an infection. Is this really just anxiety related.....? Anyone else had anything similar ?? It totally freaked me out and I got so panicky about it yesterday and I thought to myself, why !!?? I haven't slept at all well for the last week or so. anyone got any advice or reassurances !!??

I've had something similar in the past. Even went through a bunch of tests and urology consult for it, mostly because there is always a tiny bit of blood in my urine (not enough to be visible, but shows up when they test urine at my annual physical). Nothing was ever found. At times the cramping was so bad that I had to use a heating pad to help relax my bladder. Eventually, once I was given the "all clear" by the doctors, the pain subsided. I still get the occasional flare up, but it usually subsides in a day or so (the first time it was weeks of off and on pain). So, maybe it's an anxiety symptom, or maybe it's just something weird that my body does from time to time.

Does your pain tend to only come at quiet moments when you are hyper aware, or is it popping up when you are otherwise occupied? It doesn't hurt to get something new checked out by the doctor, but most likely it's either a simple bladder infection (they don't always cause painful urination--sometimes it's a low level infection higher up in the bladder) or "normal" body sensations that you are just hyper focused on. Everyone gets little aches, pains, cramps, etc. from time to time that aren't something sinister.