PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and drink

Hanger45
28-09-17, 15:03
Hello,

I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder that tends mainly to focus on health worries especially blood and other virus contaminations. I am on medication and this has helped hugely.

Recently and after coming to the end of a rather stressful work period I had a few too many drinks in a hotel bar with a few colleagues. In the morning I remembered parts of the evening including some conversations and moments such as ordering drinks, going outside for a smoke etc. When I awoke the next morning and started to try to piece together the evening due to worries about how I behaved I started to worry whether I had slept with someone or done something sexual.

I know it is easy for some to dismiss this as crazy but I have genuinely tried over a number of days to tell myself that I can't remember doing anything like that while I seem to remember other parts of the evening. I am now posting this as feel I am at a tipping point of either being consumed with worry or being able to dismiss this as all in my mind. Basically I presume most people not suffrering with some form of anxiety or OCD would simply argue if I can remember other parts of the night I would certainly remember a sexual act.

Many thanks for your time.

braindead
28-09-17, 18:01
Hello,

I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder that tends mainly to focus on health worries especially blood and other virus contaminations. I am on medication and this has helped hugely.

Recently and after coming to the end of a rather stressful work period I had a few too many drinks in a hotel bar with a few colleagues. In the morning I remembered parts of the evening including some conversations and moments such as ordering drinks, going outside for a smoke etc. When I awoke the next morning and started to try to piece together the evening due to worries about how I behaved I started to worry whether I had slept with someone or done something sexual.

I know it is easy for some to dismiss this as crazy but I have genuinely tried over a number of days to tell myself that I can't remember doing anything like that while I seem to remember other parts of the evening. I am now posting this as feel I am at a tipping point of either being consumed with worry or being able to dismiss this as all in my mind. Basically I presume most people not suffrering with some form of anxiety or OCD would simply argue if I can remember other parts of the night I would certainly remember a sexual act.

Many thanks for your time.
DRINKING ON MEDS IS FINE ITS THE 6 HANGOVERS IN THE MONING THATS A BUMMER:wacko: