PDA

View Full Version : Heart arrhythmia in my head?

parraspr
28-09-17, 16:37
About nine months ago after an intensive cardiac workout, I found that two hours later my heart was racing, perhaps fluttering. After an ER visit, I was told it was a panic attack. I was a heavy coffee drinker, and perhaps suffered from separation anxiety. For a few days after that, the random pounding racing heart rate would come and go. After about a week it was gone, but I kept having skips. Sometimes they would occur when I bent over, laid down, or ran up the stairs. I successfully completed my last lacrosse season with very few problems, some skips during practices, a few during games with light headedness that I think was from the Zoloft I had just started. Towards the end of the Sumer I thought I was almost better. I left for college, and the skips came back. At the rec, I was playing basketball and it felt like my heart stopped. I got dizzy, felt my chest for my pulse (which I know you are supposed to check your wrist but I am incredibly skinny and lanky so I can feel it through my chest), felt nothing, and then felt it take off. I felt a few sharp pains once or twice after. I stopped and went to the er, where they found nothing wrong. I feel like whenever I try exerting myself I am out of breath, and I constantly have this fear that my heart is just going to stop. I need help, as the last nine months have been hell.

thismightbezach
29-09-17, 00:33
It sounds like you could be having PVCs (Premature ventricular contractions). They've plagued me for about 10 years now. They can be scary, but they are harmless.