PDA

View Full Version : Seriously worried about swollen lymph node

simone.
28-09-17, 22:54
Hi,

I've had an ongoing issue with a swollen lymph node in my neck and I guess I'm looking for some perspective or rationality?

I first saw a doctor in May, had a couple blood tests which came back with slightly raised infection markers suggesting a slight inflammation which may be causing the swelling. Last time I went back the DR said it was smaller in size and referred me for an ultrasound to be on the safe side. Recently I haven't been able to put it out of my mind, I'm obsessively poking it to see for changes and it's starting to feel uneven shape, almost like it's split in two. I have my ultra sound scan tomorrow and I'm just going out of my mind with worry!

Mamafox2
29-09-17, 06:28
Hang in there I’m getting an FNA on a left clavicle node which is the worse place to have one.. it’s terrifying but positive energy and try to leave it alone

thestruggle
29-09-17, 19:49
I'm pretty sure your doctor is just making sure all bases are covered by referring you for ultrasound, only so you can have that 100% benign diagnosis.. I've been going through the same recently with an armpit lymph node. I spent 2 months Googling, stressing and getting myself in an absolute state because there was no apparent reason for mine! Chances are you've had an infection or some sort of reaction in the body that your lymphatic system has been taking care of so you haven't been feeling unwell :) it's just doing its job..

Also, I know from experience you really cannot tell what you are feeling and your mind will play tricks on you. The node will feel bigger, one shape one day, another the next! I know it's hard (and I'm a fine one to talk lol!) but wait for the ultrasound. You will probably be told it's reactive and nothing to worry about. Mine is still up and down and reacting to changes in my body 7-8 weeks after I first noticed it, but apparently all normal according to my ultrasound earlier this week! Ignore the time frames "medical" websites give you as well...because it seriously can take a while for them to go back down again after something has cleared..

CHELLEB1017
29-09-17, 21:16
Went for an ultrasound months ago for 2 lymphnodes in my neck and guess what they are fine and still are the same size! They are shotty from me messing with them so much!

Mamafox2
29-09-17, 21:57
Just curious but is that actually true? They stay inflamed permentaly bc of messing with them. I’ve had nodes pop up that don’t hurt they aren’t when I’m sick and they always stay the same size and yes I’m always poking at them