PDA

View Full Version : I need general anaesthetic!

TBmummy
29-09-17, 17:19
I have had GA before once to have a hole in my heart repaired. I'm generally healthy...I suffer from hemeplegic migraines and palpitations. I need a GA for an hour long procedure and I'm terrified I won't wake up and see my kids ever again...I know I'm being daft but I need someone to tell me to snap out of it!! So frustrated with myself!

ServerError
29-09-17, 17:30
General anaesthetic is the safest it's ever been and the amount of serious complications or deaths relating to it is vanishingly small. It's not worth worrying about.

KK77
29-09-17, 17:46
Can understand your worry about not waking up, which is a very common fear, but as Server says, GA is not only now extremely safe but you are monitored very closely too. You will be fine.

CHELLEB1017
29-09-17, 18:11
I had this same fear last September when I was put under and honestly it seemed like it was over in a blink of an eye. The chances are so slim like literally almost non-existent for a person in good health! Even not so good of health it is still so rare! You will do great!

TBmummy
30-09-17, 06:40
Thank you all...the operation will be done privately so I will be getting it out the way as soon as I can! Just want it done now!! Thank you x